In Love With A Human Prt7

CHAPTER 7

I show Stiles into the kitchen, and I grab the recipe book off of the shelf above the sink. 

"What should we cook?", I ask Stiles as I flick through a couple pages, then look up to him. His bushy brow is furrowed in thought, he looks down to his hands and then up at the ceiling, like he's looking for the answer.

"Uh... spaghetti? Spaghetti is good right?", he asks cautiously. I just laugh a little and then reply,

"Yeah, spaghetti it is." I grab out the pots and pans, and then ask Stiles to go over to the cupboard and get the ingredients that I read out. As I read out each food item, Stiles quickly skims the pantry and then grabs the ingredient and places it on the bench.

"Okay, that's everything.", I say closing the recipe book and placing it back on the shelf.

"What are you doing? We still need that.", Stiles says looking desperately at the old book.

"No we don't, it's not hard to cook some pasta and cover it in tomato paste and cheese. We don't need instructions.", I reply teasingly. Stiles hesitates but nods in agreement. 

I pour water into a pot and place it on the stove top to boil.

"I know, this is a weird question to ask, but do you remember what the guy looked like? The one that bit you on your first night in Beacon Hills.", Stiles asked. I don't know why this hadn't come up before. If there was a new Alpha in Beacon Hills, it would probably be a good idea to figure out who it is, considering I am technically part of his pack.

"Uh... it was pretty dark, but I he was rather tall...", I began before Stiles cut me off,

"When you say tall... do you actually mean normal height or do you mean tall, because everyone would be tall to you.", Stiles said, trying to be playful. I shot him a dirty look and his features changed from playful to concerned. I laughed, which made him blush and made me feel a little giddy.

"He was tall", I began "Anyway, he had a strong build and after he bit me he said that I could thank him later. That's all I remember, it's not very helpful, sorry."

"No, Haylee it's fine, really. You didn't know that it was important, you just thought that some weird homeless man tried to eat you.", he said jokingly and smiled a little as he tried to lean against the counter top, but missed and slipped a little before recovering his balance. I heard the water boiling but it wasn't as loud as Stiles' heart beating against his chest.

"I know that I'm not exactly what you would call an expert but I'm pretty sure when the water boils you put the pasta in.", Stiles said bringing my focus back to cooking. I opened the packet of pasta and poured it into the boiling water. The pasta slipped down, submerging it's self in the boiling water.

Stiles and I continued to talk, until the pasta was cooked and we had put it into six bowls, four for Dad and his mates, and a bowl for Stiles and I. I ran the steaming bowls up to my Dad and his college friends who were discussing the good old days back in college when they use to party all night and pick up chicks. I tried to escape back down the stairs before Dad could see me but I wasn't fast enough.

"Haylee, are you... dating Stilinski?", he asked worridly creating a subtle crease in his forehead.

"No, Da... I mean Coach. Stiles and I are just friends." My reply seemed to settle him a little and the crease in his forehead disapeared.

"Thank God for that, but seriously why would you want to even be friends with..." I cut him off before he could finish,

"Bye Coach." I say as I retreat down stairs. I walk down into the lounge room where I see Stiles sitting on the carpet with his eyes glued to the TV, and shoveling huge forkfuls of spaghetti into his mouth. I smile and sit down next to him, and begin to dig into my own bowl of steaming, hot pasta.

When we both finished our bowls, Stiles stood up and placed our two bowls in the kitchen sink.

"I had a really fun time, but I promised Scott I would meet up with him at eight and it's half past eight now. I'll see you tomorrow at school, right?", he asked, looking at me with his adorable hazel, brown eyes.

"Of course," I replied with a smile and lead him to the front door. I watched him walk to his little jeep, swirling his keys around his fingers, and I waved as he got in the car and drove off down the street.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the rest of the night. I had been in this town no longer than a week, and my life had already changed so drastically. I am scared of what might happen to me, I'm a werewolf now. I didn't even believe that they exsisted a couple days ago and now I am one of them, it's crazy. The only thing I know for sure is, that I am super excited for what tomorrow might have in store.