Easter Bunny tried to keep his gaze straight, "Yes, that would be weird to imagine."

"Did you know, I'm a girl?"

"Yeah, I kind of figured that."

"And sometimes, I also, sometimes I go pee."

"Yeah, I'm sure everybody does."

"Yeah, well no one can do it like a girl."

"Can we please not talk about this? I have a lot of work to do, and I don't have time to deal with... crushy feelings of a girl."

Buttercup's eyes lit up, "So you admit it! You have a crush on me!"

Easter Bunny turned around to look at her, "Listen, I have to go, I have millions of places to get to by morning, I really don't have time to stick around and talk about who I do and don't... have crushes on."

He looked Buttercup in the eyes, and she looked back. They stood that way for a long moment.

Suddenly, Buttercup's eyes lit with determination.

"I'm coming with you."

Easter Bunny eyes widened a little, and he stared at her a moment longer.

"Okay," he finally said.

And that's how their relationship began.

It was a long night. Like really long.

"Even with different time zones," Easter Bunny explained, "There would be no way to deliver so many eggs to the kids from all around the world in 24 hours. So, we magically slow down time in order to get it done in time."

"Well, wouldn't you become too tired to function eventually?" Buttercup asked after what seemed like somewhere in the a-millionth hour, still feeling mysteriously fine.

"Not really," Easter Bunny said, "Although it may seem like a million hours, your body still perceives it as only 24."

Still, it's a lot of work for 24 hours.

So Easter Bunny and Buttercup spent the night delivering eggs. After a while Easter Bunny began to warm up to Buttercup, and eventually, they found themselves laughing and joking with eachother, making the night more enjoyable (though about half the jokes turned out to be about eggs for some reason), so that as the night wore on, it seemed like they had already grown good friends. (Spending a night together that feels like a million can have that effect).

Still, Buttercup still had her strange interests, and Easter Bunny seriously had no idea how to feel about them.

"Girls have the best screams," Buttercup said, "That's why they're the ones to give birth."

Bambii looked at her, "I can't tell if you hate girls or if in some weird way, or you're proud to be one."

"I can't either," Buttercup tittered.

Bambii rolled his eyes. He actually respected girls, he just thought birth and eggs were an unfortunate circumstance that they all must go through. Now this girl was making him question everything he thought he knew by acting like that "unfortunate circumstance" was the funniest thing you'd ever heard. He sighed. Each to her own he guessed. He wondered how she would react if she was faced with that unfortunate circumstance herself. His gut twisted. Maybe it wouldn't be long until they found out. However weird her topic of interest, he did find her enthusiasm very...

He shook his head. Did he really want to involve her in this whole Easter Bunny business? He'd have to find somebody eventually to help him carry on the Easter Bunny tradition, but it was rough work, could he really ask it upon anybody? He'd hate to dampen Buttercup's bright spirit, no matter how fixated it was on... weird things.