Chapter 2

Two months later, Everett Ross stood on the 6th floor of a San Francisco Hilton Hotel, staring at his reflection while closing the last three buttons of his crisp black shirt. He smoothed out the wrinkles on the matching black slacks and fluffed out his silver-gray hair before admiring himself one last time and leaving the room to get his daughter.

"Salina," he knocked on the door to the second bedroom, "are you ready?"

The door opened to reveal a twenty-three-year-old woman with ivory pale skin, beautiful freckles gracing her face, and auburn hair. She wore a black, off-the-shoulder crop top, matching jeans, and black sandals.

"Dad," she addressed him with a stern hand on her hip, "you're not seriously wearing that, are you?"

"What's wrong with it?" He grabbed a black suit jacket resting on the couch.

"You're going to a party. You know what that is, right?"

Everett looked down at his slightly overdressed attire. "Alright. I'll change."

"Thank you."

He disappeared into the bedroom while Salina applied lip gloss in the mirror. He returned wearing the same black shirt with a pair of khakis.

"That's better," Salina commented and grabbed her black leather jacket. "Let's go."

Just as the pair walked out of the suite, a familiar blonde exited the room across the hall, flashing her pearly whites. "There you are, Agent Ross."

He returned her smile with a polite one, but Salina didn't. "Hello, Agent Greene."

"Nice to see you again, Salina. How's Paris?"

"Paris is fine. Thank you for asking."

"You're welcome. I love your outfit. It's très chic, as the French would say."

Salina nodded while taking in Savannah's appearance—a powder blue crop top and skirt set that showed off her abs and toned thighs. She locked eyes with the blonde as a smug grin crossed her lips. "Your outfit makes you look like a-"

"Very beautiful woman," Everett stopped his daughter's snide remark.

"Thank you." Savannah smiled with pink cheeks as Salina rolled her eyes subtly.

"Agent Ross, I was hoping we could go to the party together. I'm sure you don't want me taking an Uber there all by myself."

"Actually-"

"I wouldn't mind," he cut Salina off again.

"Great." She placed a hand on his shoulder. "After you."

~~~

Nakia found herself in a frenzy to get this party together. She only had two hours before the guest arrived, and nothing was going her way.

Walking into the common area, she frowned at the different colored tablecloths, streamers, and balloons. "Kya, what are these?"

Kya, standing on a ladder to hang a streamer, looked down and locked eyes with her sister. "Decorations."

"Why does it look like a rainbow threw up in here?"

"I have colors that represent each tribe of Wakanda. I thought it was a nice introduction to our culture."

"I told you black, white, and gold. Something simple."

Kya sighed heavily. "Fine, we'll do it your way, but you and King T'Cheapskate are ruining my chances of becoming a Professional Party Planner."