Sasha's Angels

Many resistance fighters met one day for mission briefing. Another mission this team is determined to accomplish. "Listen up, soldiers. The marauders have intercepted our latest shipment of weapons." Sasha explains as the group groaned. "Sorry. Marauders?" Anne asked, raising her hand. "A gang of dirty anarchist frogs who don't work for Andrias or the rebellion." Sasha replied. "They hijack caravans, raid villages for scraps, and are basically a huge, unwashed thorn in my side." "Can't we just smack them down?" I asked. "There are too many of them to take head on." Maddie replied. "Bingo." Sasha said. "So, we're gonna sneak into their camp and steal our stuff back." "Stealth mission. I love it!" Rosalina cheered. "Diabolical." Loggle commented. "Thieving from the thieves?" Maddie asked. "I love dramatic irony." Wally said. "Croaker and Rosalina, you and your team come up with the battle strategy, Anne, Rowena, and I are gonna grab the gear." Sasha explains as we all let the group create their plan.

Rosalina's POV

After Rowena left with Anne and Sasha, it was time to start brainstorming our plan. "Alright, you miserable layabouts, listen up!" Mrs Croaker said. "Uh, hey. Before we start, does anyone want a post-it note?" Toadie asked. "Can't have a good meeting without post-it notes." "Okay, here's the plan. Loggle and Maddie, you're with me. Wally and Toadie, you're on offense with Rosalina." Mrs Croaker sighed. "We keep the pressure on until Anne, Rowena, and Sasha are out with the goods." "You heard the frog. Gear up! We leave in three." I added. "Um, Mrs Croaker?" Toadie asked. "As much as I'd like to be on offense with Rosalina and Walliam, I would be much more comfortable as the..." "Lookout?! Again?" Mrs Croaker groaned. "Toadie, this is our team's sixth mission and all you ever want to do is organize the meetings and be the lookout." "It's what I'm good at. Direct physical confrontation, not so much." Toadie explains, accidentally hitting one of Maddie's curses. "Oh my gosh! I blew up Maddie!" "You crazy psycho!" I shouted. "You wish." Maddie said. "Sup?" Toadie ran to Mrs Croaker, frightened. "Listen, Toadie. The world has changed and we've had to change with it." She explains. "Don't you want to step out of your comfort zone? Become something more than the best wearing pencil pusher you've always been?" "My comfort zone is so comfy." Toadie replied. "Well, I think you're capable of so much more." Mrs Croaker said, walking away. "She's right, you know." I explained. "When Rowena disappeared to Amphibia, I felt like the world was going up in flames. I ended up taking my anger out on a punching bag. Until Anne's parents took me in for a while, getting me back into my comfort zone. What I'm trying to say is that you are capable of many things outside your comfort zone. Keep that in mind, buddy."

Rowena's POV

After we found the base, we snuck inside, ready to steal back the supplies. "It's quiet." Sasha whispered. "Too quiet." "Who cares, let's get our stuff and go." Loggle said, pointing to a tent. He opened the tent to see one of the marauders taunting us. The rest of them came out, ready to fight. "Shoot! Head for the rendezvous!" Sasha ordered. We ran towards opening and escaped. Well, at least Anne, Sasha, and I did. "Whew, that was close." Anne sighed. "Wait? Where's everyone else?!" Sasha looked through her binoculars before handing them to me. "Holy frog abuse! The others got caught!" I gasped. "We gotta get back down there!" "Absolutely not." Sasha said. "What? Why not?" Anne asked. "We might just get captured ourselves, and the resistance can't lose all of its leaders." Sasha replied. "But my sister is down there." I explained. "What are we supposed to do?" "Just wait." Sasha said. "Croaker's team is pretty tough, especially your sister. There's a chance they'll escape on their own." "Fine." Anne sighed. "What do we do till then?" "We'll train." Sasha replied, drawing both of her swords.

Rosalina's POV

The marauders pushed us into a cage like animals. Nevermind, that came out wrong. "Well, well. What do we have here?" A blue frog, dressed like a clown wondered. "Barry the Candy Man?" Mrs Croaker asked. "You run the marauders?" "Dang right, I do." Barry replied. "Turns out I've got a sweet tooth for anarchy." "Hey! I've heard about you!" I exclaimed. "You're the frog that cursed my little sister!" "What are you gonna do with us, you sicko?" Wally asked. "We're going to sell you sugarplums to Andrias' army." Barry explains. "They pay extra for resistance frogs, and humans." "You help Andrias?!" Mrs Croaker gasped. "What are you? Insane?" "Look around you, toots." Barry said. "The whole world is insane. But that suits us, don't it, Brian?" "I used to be a tax accountant. Now, I drink the blood of my enemies and eat dessert for breakfast." Brian said. "See? Turns out the end of the world is sweet." Barry laughs joined by his crew as they walk away. "Well, nothing left to do but accept our fate." Toadie said. "Anyone want a post-it note for their will?" "No! I'm to beautiful to die!" Loggle cried. "Get it together!" I shouted, slapping Loggle in the face. "Here's the plan, Mrs Croaker will get a guard's attention and take him out. Maddie, unlock the cell. Toadie and Mrs Croaker will take the marauders on the ground while the rest of you come with me to get the stolen weapons. Then Wally will blast us an exit. Got it?" "Got it." The team replied. "Uh, Rosalina?" Toadie asked. "Ugh, fine! Toadie, you're the lookout." I groaned. "Let's do this." "Excuse me, youngster, I'm a little confused. Where am I?" Mrs Croaker asked the guard. "Back off the bars, lady!" He snapped. "You're in marauder jail. Now, if I've been helpful to you, can you please fill out this comment card?" Mrs Croaker headbutts the guard into the cage, allowing Maddie to grab the key to our freedom. Until Toadie tried confronting the marauders and knocking Mrs Croaker unconscious. "Oh, that's not good." Wally said before they tackled us and took us back to the cage.

Rowena's POV

After a few minutes of training, I swapped out with Anne. While training though, I couldn't stop thinking about Rosalina. "Haven't we waited long enough?" Anne asked. "We've gotta get down there." "Come on, Anne, it hasn't even been 30 minutes." Sasha explains. "Give them a little more time." "Easy for you to say!" Anne shouted, flinging her sword towards a tree. "What do you mean by that?" Sasha asked. "On your left!" I exclaimed, doing a front flip, snatching one of Sasha's swords. "Whoa! Where'd you learn those dope moves, Warbler?" Sasha asked. "Learned that from you." I said. "Back when we joined that cheer camp a few summers ago. Who knew cheer would be useful in combat?"

Rosalina's POV

With Mrs Croaker still unconscious, we needed a new strategy. "We need a plan and we need it now." Maddie said. "So, what do we do?" I asked, cooling off Mrs Croaker. "I could craft dolls to curse the marauders." Maddie suggested. "In a few hours. Or a day." "What if we just did a bunch of push-ups to get the brain juices flowing?" Loggle added. "I've got it. Just get me to the Boom Shrooms." Wally said. "And then?" I asked. "That's it. Just get me the Boom Shrooms." Wally replied. "What are we talking about again?" "I just need a strand of their hair!" Maddie exclaimed as we all started arguing. "Um, guys?" Toadie asked. "One speaker at a time. You can't be productive if you're not organized. Guys?" "Aw, look who it is. The tadpole." Brian said, teasing Toadie. "You having a good time? Ooh, what do we have here? Thanks for the souvenir." Brian leaves Toadie alone after breaking his pencils and stealing his tie. That's when it happened. "That. Is. IT!" Toadie shouted, giving himself a rebellion look. "Croaker and Rosalina were right. It's time for a change. It's time for me to be uncomfortable!" "No, not again." The guard said as he was head butted again. All of us gasped. "He's possessed." Maddie added. "Forget organized and productive meetings, we just need to get it together!" Toadie exclaimed, slapping Loggle's face. "Loggle, let's put those muscles to good use. Start digging! Maddie, you navigate us to the stolen weapons. Wally, when we get there, you will use a few Boom Shrooms to call the distraction so we can get away. Rosalina, be prepared to defend the team if we get caught." "What about you?" I asked. "Me? I'm the lookout. As in "look out for my fist". "I'll be the guy who makes sure this all goes according to plan. Got it?" Toadie asked. "Yes, sir!" We replied as Toadie slapped Loggle again. "Enough with the slapping!" Loggle snapped.

After creating a few decoys, we made our escape underground. "It's kinda hard to tell where we're going." Wally said. Maddie cursed a spider to follow her orders. The spider led us to the stolen weapons tent. As guards were surrounding us, I knew our team was ready for combat.

Rowena's POV

Anne and I continued our training with Sasha as we kept waiting. "Look, guys. I'm telling you. We just have to wait." Sasha explains. "Wait? Our friends are in trouble and here we are sparring!" Anne exclaimed. "That's because we can't risk..." Sasha said. "Getting captured. I know. We get it." I interrupted. "And we know they're just soldiers to you. But to us, they're everything." Anne added. "Guys, it isn't like that." Sasha explains as part of the camp exploded. "What was that?" I asked. "That's our queue." Sasha replied. "Come on. It's go time."

As we rushed into the camp, we saw the marauders getting their butts kicked by the resistance. "What the?" Anne asked. "When you're in a meeting, bring some pens and notepads!" Toadie shouted, actually fighting this time. Maddie even cursed Barry. Again. "What in the name of frog abuse happened to Toadie?!" I gasped. "Whoa, Toadie. Where'd you get those moves?" Anne asked. "It's actually how I dress the mayor every morning." Toadie explains. "Now, let's go!" We ran off with our supplies and set the camp to be demolished.

On our way back to base, all of us were still in shock with Toadie. "Whoa, Toadie. Great work out there." Sasha complimented. "Savage stuff." "Thanks Commander." Toadie replied as Mrs Croaker woke up. "Impressive, Toadie." She said. "I always knew you had it in you." "Me too." Rosalina added. "Not me." Maddie said. "Are you kidding?" Loggle asked. "I'm still in shock." Wally stated. "Wow, you were right. They really could handle themselves." Anne said. "Hey, about what I said back there." "It's okay. But believe me, I do care about these frogs a lot." Sasha explains. "We've been through some serious stuff together when both of you were gone. But, being in charge means making tough calls, and sometimes you have to stop and remember to have faith in the people around you. You guys taught me that." "Thanks, Sash." I smiled.