The Unrevealed Truth Part-1

The possible theory of the story CAPTURED by KellyAnneBlount

At the Hospital earlier that morning

... It will be okay. You have to trust me... Trust! You really think I'm going to trust you... Promise me you'll stay hidden. I won't let her kill you. Promise?... Promise... I'm so sorry Abriana... You're so beautiful... I love you Abriana...
... Leave me out of it and I won't kill your little brother...

Suddenly the heart monitor started beeping. Doctor Porter rushed into the room followed by two nurses. They saw Easton breathing heavily. One of those nurses pulled out a syringe and injected a medicine into the IV tubing connected to Easton's arm and it made him fall into a deep sleep.

"Inform Detective Lock that Easton is out of coma. Now.", Doctor instructed the nurse.

An hour later, Easton opened his eyes and found himself in the hospital. He closed his eyes again and tried to remember what had happened in the last few days, but he couldn't remember anything. As his head felt heavy, he thought of Abriana, her cheeks, dark brown eyes, long wavy hair, and beautiful lips. He wished he had never kidnapped her. Although it wasn't his plan to abduct her but he felt as responsible as Alexa. He felt helpless that he couldn't help Abriana by telling the truth about her sister. 'Leave me out of it and I won't kill your little brother'. Even if I leave her out of it she could still kill my brother once I go to the prison. If I tell the police that she threatened to kill my brother, may be they can save him. I promised Abriana that I won't let Alexa kill her. I have to keep my promise.

He heard the voice of someone's footsteps and opened his eyes. He saw Doctor Porter coming towards him. "How are you feeling Easton?", she asked with a formal smile.

"I'm good", Easton replied staring at the wall.

She looked at the heart monitor, "Detective Lock is waiting outside for an hour. Would you like to talk to him now or should I tell him to wait."

Easton looked at the Doctor and back at the wall. He took a few seconds before answering, "I think I'm ready to talk to him."

"Okay then, I'll send him in." She walked towards the door.

A moment later Detective Lock entered the room and walked over to Easton's bed and sat in the wooden chair next to the bed. "It's really good to see you out of coma, Easton."

Easton lifted a corner of his upper lip briefly, "I want to confess something."

Detective Lock widened his eyes, "What is it?"

"This is regarding the other person who was involved in Abriana's kidnapping", Easton confessed.

"Other person!!! It means Abriana was right all the time. There is another person... Your accomplice!", Detective said surprisingly.

"She threatened to kill me and my little brother if I mentioned her name. I'm not worried about myself but you've to make sure that my little Jimmy is safe after I go to jail." A tear rolled down from the corner of his eyes.

Detective Lock couldn't believe his ears, his whole theory was suddenly proven wrong. "Who is she?" He leaned forward.

"It's Abriana's sister Alexa..." Before he could finish his sentence, Detective Lock interrupted, "What the hell are you saying?"

Easton continued, "... I thought she loved me. She gave me money to complete the job...", Easton started breathing heavily, "... I promised Abriana to save her and hid her in the storage room. Alexa wanted to kill her, we fought over it...", his breathing got heavier, "... and she... she... shot..." Before he could finish, his heart monitor started beeping.

Detective Lock ran towards the door and shouted, "Doctor!!! Someone, please, come here... Fast!"

Doctor Porter rushed into the room followed by two nurses. Detective stood frozen at the door. He saw Easton's chest rising and falling rapidly with short breath. Nurse pulled a syringe filling it with medicine. As Easton's breathing started to faint, Doctor Porter applied an oxygen mask on his face. The nurse injected the medicine into the IV tube, while the Doctor performed CPR. After a few seconds of chaos, everything went quiet including the beeps of the heart monitor.

Easton Pierce had gone in coma again.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At Mr. and Mrs. Vega's house

"Is there something important Detective Lock that you wanted to see us in the morning?" Mr. Vega asked as he eased himself in a sofa.

Detective Lock observed Mr. and Mrs. Vega's pale face. "Yeah, I want to tell you something important. But you don't look well, is everything okay?"

"Sí! Victor and I caught a flu, but now we're much better", Mrs. Vega answered and looked at Mr. Vega with a faded smile.

Detective said with a concerned look, "This is really bad. Hope you get well soon." He looked around the house. "I can't see the Vega sisters anywhere. Are they not at home?"

Mr. Vega answered, "Abriana was not feeling good ever since she came from the hospital. Alexa wanted to take her to camping to make her feel better. They left an hour before you came."

"Mis hijas encantadoras! They really love each other", Mrs. Vega said happily.

LOVE! Detective Lock wished Alexa really loved her sister. I should tell them the bitter truth about their daughter that Easton had told me. But how will I make them believe me, Easton is in coma now. For now, it's very important to know whereabouts of Abriana. She may be in danger!!!

"So, what did you want to tell us?" Mr. Vega asked leaning forward.

Detective Lock cleared his throat, "Easton had come out of coma in the morning. He told me something unexpected before going back into coma an hour later."

Mr. and Mrs. Vega widened their eyes, they looked at each other in surprise. Detective continued, "He told me that there is another person who helped him in the kidnapping but the person threatened to kill his brother, that's the reason why he didn't say anything the last time he confessed. Before he could tell me the name, his condition got critical and he went in coma."

"Dios mío! Bri told us that there was someone else but we never believed her", Mrs. Vega said with disappointment.

"I can understand your worries, Mrs. Vega. But I really need to know where Abriana is right now, we have to make sure that she is safe. Did they tell you where they were going?" Detective seemed to be in a hurry while asking but only he knew that Abriana is not safe with Alexa.

"¡Ay no! They said nothing other than that they were going to some lake. Dios salva a mihijo!" Mrs. Vega started to cry and Mr. Vega put his arm around her shoulder to consol her.

Detective Lock stood up and asked, "If you don't mind, may I have a look at their rooms, we may find something useful there."

"Yes, of course, I'll show you their rooms." Mr. Vega started walking upstairs followed by Detective Lock.

Detective Lock knew that if he wants to know their whereabouts he should first check Alexa's room. He entered the room and started looking over her studying table. There must be something, a paper or a note, that can tell me the name of the lake. He saw Alexa's laptop on the bed, it was on sleeping mode. He walked over to the bed and and sat on it placing the laptop beside him. He pressed a few keys and opened the browser. He searched for the browsing history and clicked on the last visited website.

The homepage of the website opened and he read the title of the page. HALF MOON LAKE.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *