"It's the best way to start my day," I flashed her a dashing grin.

The sky was becoming brighter and brighter as time went by, the lights in our neighborhood were slowly turning off as well. Feeling a bit drowsy, a yawn escaped my lips. This time was also the best time to talk about deep stuff. I realized that we haven't talked about our goals in life and what we wanted to do in the future.

"Hey, Lia?"

"Hmm?"

"What are your goals in life?" I questioned.

She wasn't prepared for the question. She stared ahead and went into trance thinking about her answer. It was completely silent for a few seconds before she gave me an ambitious answer, "I wanna be a veterinarian; I want to help animals and find them homes. I want to travel the world and see the most beautiful places with someone I love. Get married one day and maybe even have kids. By kids, I meant dogs,"

I snorted. She's someone who always despised kids, literal human children, no matter how old she was.

Lia continued, "I know that you know I love being on my own, but I really do love being with the people I love too. I wanna be with them till I grow old."

What I also liked about her was that she knows what she wanted in life. That no matter how hard life gets, she won't stop reaching for her goals. She inspires me.

"For me, I wan-"

"Did I ask?" She cut me off.

I rolled my eyes, my mouth turned into a scowl, "Bitch,"

She squeezed my cheeks and chuckled at my reaction, "I'm joking, I'm joking! God, you're so cute! Go ahead, you were saying?"

"Nope. You're gonna tease me again,"

"I won't, I promise! I wanna hear your goals too,"

"I swear to God, Lia. If you cut me off again, I'll push you off this roof and let your screams be the one to wake people up instead of their alarms,"

"Okay, psycho. Start talking."

My goals were something I've always looked forward to in my life. These were my motivations to push myself to the limit and achieve them all. But now that I have Lia, I wouldn't mind adding another goal.

"I wanna be a writer. I want to create amazing stories and share them with the world. I want to be a chef as well and have my own cookbook. I wanna graduate college and like your goal, I also want to travel the world. I wanna help people and donate to charities. It's always been my goal to donate to the people in need as well as inspire little kids. It warms my heart to see people getting the help they need."

Lia gave me an admiring look, brushing a strand off my face and tucking it behind my ear, "You really are something else, Yeji. You're kind and passionate, you care deeply for everyone and you love too much. You're one of a kind, Yeji. You really are,"

My eyes started to sting. She didn't know how lucky I consider myself to have her and to be with her, "You can't make me cry this early,"

"Just stating the facts out here, Ji,"

"Jeepers, man. Don't make me cry," I sniffled.

"You're so sensitive!"

"You gotta be careful with the compliments, Choi. You know that I don't know what to say to them,"

She lifted my hand and gave it a peck, "Say thank you, and that's it."

"Thank you, Lia," I said lovingly.