Chapter 26

LIA

I was in my own little world. A world where no one knows that it exists; a place where no one can disturb me. People have their own world they've created for themselves to control everything they want.

I feel comfortable and secure in my world. Too comfortable that sometimes I don't want to go back to reality. I feel safe and don't need to worry about anything, everything. As someone who enjoys their own company, spacing out was normal for me. When Karina wasn't available to go shopping with me, I always go by myself. I enjoy it too much.

I heard someone calling my name, causing me to emerge from under the water, clutching on the sides tub. I wasn't sure how long I was underwater, but it felt like around 3 minutes. I was a swimmer. I used to swim a lot when I was young, I trained to hold my breath as long as I can.

"Lia?" A soft voice spoke.

"You can come in." I frowned even more as I was interrupted in my trance.

When Yeji's face appeared behind the door, my frown fell away and was replaced by a smile. A world with Yeji in it wasn't so bad. Just like my own world, I feel safe and comfortable around her. Like I could do anything when I'm with her. Those eyes that remind me of a cat; her smile that makes me want to see it everyday, her voice that sounds like an angel singing from above.

"What are you eating?" I asked when she took a bite of what looked like chocolate pudding in her hands.

"Chocolate mousse." She took a slice of her food, feeding me.

The mousse was very savory; it melted once it hit my tongue. I was craving for it. "It's good. Who made it?"

She fed me a larger amount. "I did. I figured that chocolate might cheer you up,"

The more I eat this, the more I'm craving for chocolate. And I was never a fan of chocolates. "I think this is my favourite chocolate I've ever tasted,"

Shaking my head as she places the spoon closer to me. "Not a huge fan of chocolates. But I must say this is really good."

She dazzled me with a smile, taking the last bite. It was kinda big, leaving a small amount below her lip.

"You got..." I leaned in for a kiss, to clean the smudge off. Licking my lips then I smacked them, heaving a sigh for that delicious dessert. "You got some smudge of chocolate on your lips. Had to clean it." There was chocolate left that's smudged on her lower lip. I swiped my finger across, cleaning it.

Her mouth parted, processing what just happened. "I could've just licked it myself,"

"I was still craving for some more."

She set aside the empty bowl on the table. Her hand found its way to my face, wiping the droplets of water. "How are you feeling now?"

"I feel like I disappointed everyone." I admitted, clenching my jaw.

When they announced the winner, my whole team was distraught. Some tears were shed because their hardwork didn't pay off. We wanted to show everyone that we will win the competition. But what's more disappointing is when the people who are important to you were there to see you fail. They expect you to do your best, and showing them that you failed wasn't something I'd want. But more importantly, I disappointed myself more than the others.

Yeji grabbed the chair under the vanity mirror and placed it beside the tub. "You didn't."

"You're not, but what if the others were?"

"Hey, I'm one hundred percent that they're not too." She reached for my hair, tucking it behind my ear. "Look, Lia, accidents happen. Mistakes? Happen all the time. Failing? Happens all the time too. I'm actually so proud of you. Instead of quitting, you pull yourself up and motivated your team to continue and you guys killed it. Now that's what you do when you fail. To get back up again and keep trying until you succeed. We learn from time to time."