prom queen pt.2

i'm sorry i hope this isn't disappointing lol

"our prom 2020 prom queen is.. ricky bowen!"

ricky froze.

he looked around him as the spotlight practically blinded his view. everyone either stared at him with a straight or disgusted face except the people on the stage.

he couldn't do it, his breathing quickened as he turned around and bolted out of there.

"ricky! stop- ricky!" ej's voice was the only noise in the room as he quickly chased after his boyfriend.

ricky ran out into the hallway with tears pouring down his face. he felt humiliated.

he was so confused as to why no one was saying things to him anymore when ej wasn't around, turns out they just all let it out tonight.

"ricky, baby- hey.." ej ran out though the doors.

"i knew something was up!" ricky yelled as he pulled at his hair.

"ricky!-" ej quickly stopped him from hurting himself by grabbing his hands.

"no! i knew it was werid how no one wasn't saying anything to me!" ricky spoke to quickly, letting it all pour out of his mouth before he covered it, realising what he said.

"what do you mean?" ej stopped, confused.

when ricky didn't respond as he wrapped his arms around himself, ej edged farther.

"ricky, what do you mean?" ej looked angry as he took a step closer to the other boy, "ri-"

"people say things when you're not around! okay?!" ricky shot back, tears coming back to his eyes, spinning around, not standing to face his boyfriend.

"bubs.. what do they say?.." ej spoke softly and slowly walked up behind him, not wanting to make him more upset.

"they just-" he sucked in a breath, "just say that i'm a f(slur) and that i shouldn't be with you." he hung his head, tears beginning to spill.

ej's heart practically just broke into a million little pieces, what the fvck is wrong with people?

"ricky, high schoolers are b!tches. don't let anyones words get to your head.." ej voice became softer as he wrapped his arms around ricky's shoulders from behind.

"i don't want to be the school's joke anymore, e." ricky turned around quickly, being embraced into his boyfriend's arms as tears flowed down his face.

"then let's go show them you're not the joke of the school because one, you're not," ej spoke, moving his head to make eye contact with ricky who was trying to avoid it, "and two, you're an amazing person." ej smiled, bring a small smile to the other boy's face.

"i mean, i'll take amazing.." ricky stifled a laugh as he wiped his tears, "but you deserve it more than i do.."

ricky pulled his head back properly to look at his boyfriend, the beautiful, tree green eyes staring into his own big, brown puppy eyes.

"you really saved me, you know?" he whispered, one of his hands playing with ej's hair.

ej's heart almost exploded into a million little pieces but he quickly pulled himself together, "who would i be if i didn't?" he smiled cheekily.

"the school's jerk, for sure." ricky smirked.

"ha. ha." ej laughed, the fakeness slipping through the tone as he pressed a kiss to the other boy's lips, "now, we can go back in there get crowned, and rub it in their faces, especially lily's," he said making ricky laugh,"or you can go home and possibly make everything worse."

"the first one sounds better." ricky mumbled, putting his face in ej's neck. "it really does, doesn't it?" ej smiled sarcastically, getting an arm slap from ricky.

"now c'mon. let's go fvcking rule the school for a night." ej pulled back and held his hand out for ricky to take.

"i don't know about this.." ricky wrapped his arms around himself.

"keep you're head up. i'm crowning you no matter what." ej had a small smile on his face.

ricky rolled his eyes fondly before wiping his face. his hands were shaking as he let one fall into the senior's. ej holding it in a small comforting way.

the jock pushed one of the gym doors open, the loud creak causing some heads to turn. in that moment ricky wanted to run back out there, but, ej held his hand tightly.

the spotlight shined back onto them as they walked through the newly made pathway. ej keeping his head high as he passed around small smiles.

"our offical prom king and queen of 2020 everyone!" miss jenn shouted through the microphone, still trying to be excited and calm as the two walked up onto the stage and everyone awkwardly clapped.

mr mazzara handed ej the crown, ricky letting him place it on-top of his curls with a smile, making the boy chuckle.

miss jenn stepped away from the microphone, letting ricky through, himself almost having a panic attack right there and then.

suddenly having a strike of confidence when he saw lily's disgusted and offended look on her face.

"just like to say a quick fvck you to lily over here." he smiled getting a couple whistles and a catcall which he noticed came from none other than big red, when the girl stormed off the stage.

"thank you for that, mr bowen," mr mazzara took his place, letting out a sigh, "now, for the first dance." he nodded and let gina, nini and kourtney take the stage with a melody of 'dancing queen'

the music echoed in the background of ricky's mind, it blocking out everything except ej as they stood in the centre of the dancing floor.

ej's arms wrapped around his waist, ricky's wrapped around his neck.

"i'm so proud of you." ej smiled, their foreheads rested together.

"no," ricky scoffed, "i'm proud of you." a small smile tugging at his lips.

"you beat lily in her place." ej smirked making ricky giggle.

"you are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen, dancing queen." the girls on stage sung, gina holding nini by her waist as they stood side by side.

"you are my favourite person ever." ricky laughed as he leant up and placed a kiss on ej's nose.

"so.. you do or you don't want to get married this early?" ej laughed, an eyebrow raised.

"i mean, i might have to think about it." ricky nodded and and smirked playing on his lips.

"i can work with that." ej said making ricky laugh as the two swayed side to side.

ricky soon laid his head on ej's shoulder, forgetting about everything. letting everything bad leave his mind for a second. it was just him and ej in a world of their own.

they were soon joined by everyone else dancing around them, ricky stayed warm in ej's embrace with wide smiles on their faces.

so most of the night was a train wreck but some how they felt like they had the best time.

_________________________________

lowkey hate this one but i felt like i needed to publish it lol👨‍🦯👨‍🦯

see you on the next one :)