Death Eaters?

Hermione's POV

As much as I hate to admit it, these last few days have been fun. Bella is still contented to keep me in the dark about her vampires, and that Jake has stopped talking to her. Don't ask.

School here is just the break I needed, but is nearly as hard as Hogwarts. I blame it on not learning muggle subjects for years.

Jake has been telling me everything that's happened from when Bella first arrived to when I did.

He told me how Edward left Bella in pieces and Jake put her together again, and how Bella still raced to Volterra, Italy to save Edward despite the fact that he said he didn't love her and didn't care about her at all.

Okay, so he left quite a few major parts out - like the fact that the Cullens were vampires, and that the person who had tried to kill her by luring her away from Alice and Jasper by using her mum, my aunt, against her, was so obviously a vampire.

"I'm heading out!" I call as I trot down the stairs.

Charlie was at work trying to find new leads on this missing boy, and Bella was in her room with Edward, doing homework. Already, I had completed the homework due for next week, meaning I was free to go out.

"Where to?" Bella calls in reply. I roll my eyes in frustration and grab my phone off the side.

"Out!" I yell as I open the door. "I'll be back for tea." And I jog off down the street to the fork in the road where I stop and dial Jake's number.

"Hey Mi." Jake says after the second ring. "What's up?"

"I'm at the end of the street, pick me up?"

"Be there in ten." And he hangs up, leaving me to wait. I realize that for a Saturday, the area was oddly desolate, with no one but me out.

Suddenly, a man appears across the road, appearing so suddenly it was as if he'd just popped out of the ground. He was wearing a black hooded jacket, and was holding a wand in his hand. My heart begins to pound rapidly in my chest as he looked straight at me.

"Hermione Granger." The man muses, a smirk forming on his face.

I gulp as he strides over to me, and my hand sneaks into my back pocket. The person was oddly familiar, and so was the voice, but I couldn't figure out where I'd seen him before.

"I am here to warn you," he begins. "There are those that are alive and are hunting. Trust none and protect yourself. It is the only way." And he vanishes, leaving me chilled to the bone.

Hunting? Trust none? Protect yourself? These words were too familiar. Way, way too familiar.

It was clearly about the Death Eaters hunting me, Harry and Ron. I had no choice. I had to write to them immediately, telling them about the warning, the man and the odd familiarity of the man. I didn't want to trust the stranger, but what choice did I have?

"Come on!" A voice calls from in front of me. Jake. I walk round the car to the passenger side and climb in. As soon as the door closes, Jake takes off, back to the Rez.

Even though he never said as much, I knew that there was some sort of feud between him and the Cullens, and honestly, I'm not particularly fond of the vamps either. Alice was a bit dipsy most of the time, and every time Jasper was near me, he would scowl. Rosalie was okay, and Emmett was interesting and intimidating. Esmee and Carlisle were fine, except the doctor would keep looking at me oddly. It was as though he was trying to figure me out. And then there was Edward. Man, he was annoying. He kept scowling and squinting when he looked at me. It was infuriating.