A Hundred Good Stories

*Author's Note* Hey guys so don't play the song up there til it says to later in the chapter 😉 another short addition sorry I've been uninspired recently but I thought this was super cheesy and cute so I ran with it.

You and Arizona both wandered out of the kitchen to the living room that was filled with familiar faces from the hospital.

Everyone was chatting and drinking and having a great time. You had warmed up to Maya and Carina as you sat on the couch with Arizona chatting with them.

"-there was a gun in her vagina." Arizona said as her and Carina told the story.

"Nooo..." you said shocked.
"What is wrong with people." You chuckle.

"She shot herself from the inside??" Maya asks with wide eyes almost choking on her drink.

"So Y/N. How's running EMS at Grey-Sloan? " Maya asks smirking over at you.

"Why? You want a new job Bishop?" You joke.
"Offer still stands. You know you'd rather get that hospital money than whatever the city's paying you." You add.

"I mean it's not much more because...it's still a first responder job." You say as you and Maya burst out in laughter. Carina and Arizona giving each other confused glances.

"Do first responders not get paid well?" Arizona asks innocently.
You and Maya look At each other before breaking out into more laughter.

You place a hand on Arizona's leg patting it playfully.
"Uhhh well I guess you could say it's not fancy surgeon money babe." You chuckle.

You all chat for a while longer and everyone's pretty drunk

Meredith and Cristina had found the remote to the TV and was blasting music and dancing around in the living room.

"Hey birthday girl! Come dance!" An already drunk Meredith calls to Arizona who laughs shaking their head.

"They're not gonna stop asking til you do." A voice next to you chuckles.
You turn and see Jackson beside you.

"Jackson! Hey man!" You exclaim a little more excited than usual giving him a hug.
He looks over to Arizona raising an eyebrow.

"Wow how much have you drank already?" He asks laughing.
You chuckle into your cousin.

"Arizona has a heavy pour." You say smiling.

Arizona rolls her eyes laughing til Meredith comes over pulling her arm to the living room to dance.

"You too McMergency." Cristina giggles dragging you. You quickly pass Jackson your beer before you spill it and you make your way to the so called dance floor.

Arizona and Meredith are happily jumping around to the music and laughing and Cristina joins them. A second goes by of you just watching til Cristina takes notice.

"Oh come on Y/N!" She yells.

"I- I don't really dance." You say laughing.
"I have like zero to none body coordination." You say gesturing to your body.

Arizona comes over to you grabbing a hold of your hands. She pulls you in close and leans into your ear.

"Just dance with me." She says looking deep in your eyes. It's the kind of look that makes your forget how to breathe.

She snakes her hands around your sides as she smiles at you.

God this girl...

You let her drag you over to Meredith and Cristina in the middle of the living room as the music beats in your ears.

Our neighbors are gonna kill us. You think chuckling at the loud music as you and Arizona link your hands together and start to twirl and dance around.

"Hey guys! Arizona! Take a shot!" You and Arizona look over at April coming over with two shot glasses.

You and Arizona look back at each other and laugh as you take the glasses, clinking them together as you both take the shots.

Oh wow yeah I'm feeling it now...You think as you feel a warmth come over your body and feel yourself become tingly.

All of a sudden, Arizona's lips were on yours. The tingles in your body pulsed as you closed your eyes and deepened the kiss.
The kiss felt like an eternity and only one second at the same time.

You both pull away and your eyes both meet. You see something in her face you've never seen before.

What is she thinking?  You wonder.

Arizona wraps a hand around your face and pulls you in again and kisses you hard.

God they...they're the one...aren't they? Arizona thinks to herself looking up at you. She'd fallen in love with plenty of people before, kissed plenty of girls, but nothing had ever felt like it had with you before. It felt right. It felt safe and earth shattering all at the same time.

You smile into her as familiar sparks shoot through you and you hear the music around you start to fade and a new song come on.

You smile into the blonde before breaking the kiss and wrapping your arms around her.

"I love this song!" You say loud enough for her to hear.

Arizona chuckles at your excitement and you turn to see Meredith and Cristina come over closer in excitement as well.

*Play the song up top 😊*

"I haven't heard this in forever!!" Meredith yells as you all start to yell the lyrics.

🎶Remember when we all got drunk?
I ended up with two broke thumbs
Oh my God, I felt so dumb, lucky me
I wrote a song that no one knows
I played a show and no one showed
Oh my God, I felt so alone, lucky me 🎶

Jackson comes over with his arm around April smiling. He passes you back your drink as you take a big swig.

🎶When all is going wrong and you're scared as hell...
What you gonna do? Who you gonna tell?🎶

You turn back to Arizona with your hands on her hips as everyone in unison yells the lines.

🎶Maybe a hundred bad days made a hundred good stories
A hundred good stories make me interesting at parties🎶

🎶A hundred bad days made a hundred good stories
A hundred good stories make me interesting at parties
Yeah, no, I ain't scared of you
No, I ain't scared of you no more🎶

You look around at all the singing faces in the room and you realize how happy you really are. It sets in. You have people.

You turn your head over to April and Jackson.
I have family.

You look over at Alex and Jo laughing with each other on the couch.
I have friends.

"Babe you okay?" You turn your head back to your girlfriend and smile.
And I have you...

"I'm great." You say smiling back happily at the birthday girl.