one hundred fifty and the epilogue ☹

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you reply to me now? With your own vocals?" Calum said as he set his phone aside. Luke seemed to be startled at Calum's sudden question since his phone almost fell out of his hands. He looked at Calum, as if deep in thought, before getting back to his phone.

Before Calum could talk him out of his phone again, the blond cut him off. "I don't want a question on this app unanswered. Kind of get on my nerves, you know?" Luke said while he typed in a reply. He set his phone down and looked back up at Calum with a breezy smile on his face. Calum heard his phone vibrate beside him, but he chose to ignore that since Luke seemed to still have something to say. "Besides, why didn't you just ask me that? With your own vocals?" he said, mocking Calum. The brunette was surprised at this, and also very relieved. Luke seemed to be surprised as well at his own burst of confidence.

"Is that why all the asks I send you gets answered no matter what? Like damn, I thought you were just obsessed with me," said Calum, wiggling his eyebrows as if he was flirting. Luke rolled his eyes, but there's no mistaking the amusement in his eyes.

"Yeah, sure, we'll stick with that for your sake." The blond snickered at him.

"And anyway, I thought you'd be uncomfortable if I just became too perky," the brunette continued. "You seem shy and stuff."

"And stuff," scoffed Luke, a teasing grin on his face. Calum grinned back sheepishly and rubbed his own arms. "But, you know what they say, 'don't judge a book by its cover'," Luke said, glancing down at his shirt. The kiwi lad followed his gaze and nodded in agreement.

"Couldn't have guessed," Calum said, still nodding his head with his lips in a upside down figure. Luke raised an eyebrow as he looked over at Calum's shirt.

"You a fan of Panic?"

"And you're a fan of Snoopy."

"Get to the point."

Calum pursed his lips and looked down at his own shirt, the band's logo seeming to vividly shine out of his shirt. "I don't know, do I look like someone who doesn't know the band they're wearing?"

"You might be," said Luke, shrugging.

"Well, I don't. There's one fact about me," Calum said, leaning forward with his elbows rested on the table. "The whole purpose of this meet up is to get to know each other better. So, hi. My name's Calum Hood. I'm 18. I'm from here. I like Panic! at the disco and all other bands. I also like Katy Perry, because why the fuck not." Calum raised a hand towards Luke, who was nodding at everything the brunette was saying.

"Well," Luke sighed. "My name's Luke Hemmings. I'm 17. I'm also from here. I also like Panic! at the disco and I'm a sucker for Snoopy, as you can tell. I'm also a big sucker for Harry Styles and Matty Healy," Luke said, taking ahold of Calum's hand and shaking them. Calum raised an eyebrow at the mention of the two men.

"Have a thing for people with long hair?"

Luke shrugged and looked at the brunette knowingly. "I might make blond highlights with the sides shaved an exception."

"Well, aren't we flirty?"

Luke grinned, his tongue sticking out a bit between his teeth. "Only to people I tolerate."