The battle they were walking into will bring losses even though there are triumphs. Lost in the thoughts of tragedy and war, Draco wondered whether he would live to see another day of Sun at the end of it. He wasn't sure what the future holds for him or his fate but if there was one thing he knew; it would be that he was ready. Ready to protect and fight for those he holds dearly and loved. 

He flips another page, eyes trailing onto every word as it passes, engraving the information into his brain. However, his concentration was soon broken by the sudden lightning that flashed before his window followed by the deep boom of thunders. He glanced out of the window, the skies were glowing in a lovely shade of rosy peach, the Sun was setting and her rays rained down like a glimmer of hope. His lips curled again at the sight though when he spotted the thick blossoming grey clouds covering the Sun, he frowns. It was going to rain soon.

Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, a loud burst of sound erupted and Draco clutched onto his wand that was laying on the pile of books out of pure instinct.

One would mistake it to be another crack of thunder, howbeit, Draco did not. He turned to his door, narrowing his eyes to focus on the tiniest sounds he could hear. Someone was definitely home, whether it was his father who had come back or his mother who had made a mistake in the kitchen again or an intruder has entered his house. Either way, he was about to find out.

The boy clicks his tongue and shuts his book, putting it aside. Then, he plodded out of his room, the harp had long stopped playing and there was only silence and the faint rumblings of thunders. His Hawthorne wand was still in his hand and he grasped it tightly.

Draco passed by the dark corridors and travelled down the grand staircase, passing by pictures that moved. Framed portraits of his ancestors, pictures of people who were already dead.

"Someone is coming! Someone is here in the manor!" a man shrieked, fussing about as he relayed the message to the young master. The other pictures started to clamour along, agitated and panicking.

Another man added with a whisper, "DeathDeath, has befallen this home!" he warns Draco who shook his head, ridding their nosy comments and dismissing the commotion. He found himself walking faster with urgent steps. His mother was just downstairs and if there were indeed unwelcomed guests— He hastily rushes towards the direction Narcissa Malfoy was, knowing that his mother was more than capable of fending for herself. Though if they had touched her, he was sure there would be consequences.

"Mother, is everything alright? What's wrong—" His words failed him when he saw the guests that entered through the front door. He stops abruptly, pupils widening and his heart drops at the sight. 

"Ai... Aine...?

Of the two figures that he spotted, one was the girl he was madly in love with who was supported by another, also someone he knew too well. Aion Estoileon, Aine's older brother was here too. Their faces were completely worn out, crushed and utterly overwhelmed. The devastation was hidden behind their faces and red was slowly staining their attires, he could see lacerations, bruises and wounds all over their bodies. They looked so fragile, so broken, that Draco wanted to ask what happened.

Before Draco could say another word, a soft exhale left the Estoileon siblings. Aion was the first to crumble and then Aine. Her body fell forward as all strength left her body and for a moment, he thought that the girl could have shattered.