Kaliwanagan

It was normal for both Ethan and Anj to have different days off and today was no exception. It was Anj's day off while Ethan was bombarded with meetings and paperworks. Although Ethan has the power to change his day off, he'd rather save those for their upcoming wedding & honeymoon which was just in a few weeks.

It was almost noon when he received a text message from his wife, notifying him that she already had her final fitting of her wedding dress. She even joked that he would definitely cry when he sees her wear that dress. Her message brings him happiness on this miserable and boring day. He locks his phone and he sees the photo in his lockscreen which was taken during the time they eloped a month ago. The elopement happened in just a spur of the moment.

He just happened to wake up one day and all he wanted was to be tied down to the woman sleeping beside him. There was no person he'd rather be with, through the trials and tribulations, through the longing and pain and through the happiness and joy, Anj was the only one for him. She has been with him through the good times and the bad and he is certain that she would stay.

He remembers when he told her that day, December 14, that he just can't simply wait for her to be his wife and asked her if they could elope in secret. There was an initial hesitation coming from Anj because she didn't want to break the tradition and that it would be unlucky for them if they get married because her older sister got married a few months earlier but Ethan could care less about luck. He was already lucky enough to be given a chance to be with her, to love her, to prove he is worthy of her. He already had all the luck in this world because he has Anj by his side and it was more than enough for him in this lifetime to be able to feel what love is. Without further ado, the two of them went into the city hall and got themselves eloped.

It was the best decision he ever made in his life. He married his best friend and lover and it couldn't get any better. Another ping on his phone and it made Ethan come out of his thoughts. He was smiling, thinking that his wife sent him another message but when he opened it, it wasn't the message he was expecting.

Ethan's morale fell as he read through the message. The message came from Louise, and it stated that she was thankful for the invite she had received for their wedding but she opted not to attend. She was still ashamed of what she had done to Ethan and that she felt she was not deserving of him to walk him down the aisle at his wedding.

Once again Ethan felt disappointed. Never did he expect that his very own mother would turn down such an opportunity not to mention it was his wedding. He knows that their road to reconciliation was not smooth sailing but he was graceful enough to invite her to their wedding after all Louise was still his mother.

Sighing, Ethan no longer responded to Louise and instead he went on to his lunch meeting with the board. As the day grew longer, Ethan was counting the hours and minutes before he could leave this meeting and just go to his wife and pets. He just wants to hold her in his arms as they talk about history, medicine & science or simply just to have a peaceful night with her but it seems that Louise's message would ruin his night as well.

He arrived at their apartment at around quarter past eight in the evening and from the outside he could smell that something was roasting. Ethan enters their apartment with Jenner and Soba waiting for him at the door and Bubbles simply purrs at him. Anj noticed Ethan and went to him, giving him a sweet kiss on his lip and loosened his tie. She offered him a glass of whiskey as they waited for the dinner to be cooked. They simply sat at the couch and Anj ran her fingers through Ethan's hair just what she normally does.

"How was your day, mahal?"

"Fine, nothing special. Just meetings and endless papers."

Anj felt that Ethan was holding back something by just simply looking at him. She doesn't want to push him to tell her about it if he's not comfortable and she just simply tells him