Ch.9. Godly Interference.

{1/21/22}

Dream stared at the lava as it flowed covering the exit of the cold dark cell, the potatoes raw and uncooked were horrible but they were edible. the figure that taunted him was his only companion for nobody visited him, Sam would only come to give him food. which he wished wasn't a thing, he despised the taste of a raw uncooked potato but he had done this to himself.

The prison was built with Tommy in mind, this cell was meant for the boy and Dream whom held the revive book had plans for the boy. he wanted power and he wanted control however power and control lead him to this cell it lead to turning himself in because he forgot who he used to be. the walls kept the voice that screeched inside his mind quiet for once the one that craved power kept telling him to do things he didn't want to.

Dream had once told himself he was a good person, he was kind he was a good kid. Puffy used to give him apple slices as a snack when he was younger, he used to hang out with Sapnap and George daily the three did things friends would do together. what had changed? he had changed he wasn't a good person and it wasn't his fault for that it was the voices. he stopped hearing it when he took off his mask to sleep, when the mask wasn't close by him.

He let the pieces fall into place the mask, the white smiley mask he had grown attached to. his personality change began the moment he found it within the ruins of that old library, he would of happily let Wilbur make his own nation they were Friends once he would of given him that land without a war but the voice no the mask told him not to. it made him do terrible things, he hurt Tommy he hurt a kid because of the damn thing.

The mask was the reason for this, but each time he himself tried to destroy it he was unable to. he was never in control and the revive book was the masks way of controlling others, he fought against it tugging it off his face. black tendrils wiggled from the white mask as he did so the burnt figure of the one the mask made him scorn watched before it grabbed the mask tugging it away from him.

The mask was tossed into the lava, and Dream heard the screams come from it as it burned and he himself felt tired and exhausted when it was destroyed. his eyes return back to their normal shade of hazel green no longer a bright green color. he was free from the mask he was gonna be okay, the burnt figure that tormented him had vanished and he was safe for the time being. safe from the clutches of the mask that had once made him its puppet.

~ ~ ~

Sam was disturbed, he watched Dream daily from the cameras nothing should of changed but when the man started talking to a figure the cameras caught but could not get a clear image of, before watching the man pull his mask off just for black tendrils to try and latch the mask back on his face did he know something wasn't quite right. he made his way towards the mans cell lowering the lava.

He walked across the bridge that day, Dream had collapsed and he was bleeding. small holes were on the sides of his face and Sam did his best at medical treatment. he wasn't a doctor nor was he a medic however as Dream recovered Sam gathered those who stayed here those who had yet to leave the lands. Puffy had cried seeing her son she had cried when she saw the footage.

The sheep like woman had broken down, a mask had caused her little duckling to be like this. the days ticked by normally after that, however Dream had yet to awaken since the mask had been removed from his face as those days ticked by. those days soon turned into two weeks and the male had yet to even budge from his sleeping state hooked up to various things to make certain his body didn't give up on him.

In those two weeks Puffy kept coming to the prison, she would sit by the bed her duckling was in and read old bed time stories to him. Sam watched from the doorway of the medical bay as this happened uncertain as to why he had yet to awaken since the masks destruction, however he didn't quite know much about possession so he was unaware of the damage it could hold on a person.