Part V • King of Her Heart

Start from the beginning

He paid the taxi guy and waved him goodbye.

You were still in the same place, looking at this beautiful house.

"C'mon," he squeezes your shoulders, "inside is even better." He motions you to walk inside in front of him, such a gentlemen.

He was right, the inside looked like an HGTV explosion. Everything was so modern, with a beach vibe and so aesthetic.

"So?" He smiles big, eyes searching into yours as he turns around looking at the nice job his mother did with the decor the same time you turned and soaked it all in.

"It's all so beautiful," you say softly, feeling this strange sensation in the pit of your stomach.

"Just like you," he was suddenly behind you, you could feel his breath on your neck as he placed a kiss on your bare shoulder.

"Hayden," you turn to face him.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think what I did was right?" You begin to overthink, "Maybe we should go back...." You began to stutter and he noticed your hands were shaking.

Truth was, you never were experiencing home sickness....Lily and the penthouse was all you've ever known for a good chunk of your life.

However, home sickness is what it shouldn't be called....you were actually experiencing Stockholm syndrome.

"Y/n," the way Hayden says your name calms you down almost immediately, cupping your chin with his fingers he titled your head back so you would look him in the eye.

"You did the right thing leaving that toxic environment you were in....I'm just glad I was there to help you out if it." Hayden gives you a confirming nod with a comforting smile.

You couldn't help but wrap your arms around him, pulling his warm body into yours, hugging him tight.

He took a deep breathe and smelt your shampoo, leaning his head into your shoulder.

"It's getting late, what kind of food do you like? I bet you're starving," he winks, fixing your hair and pushing it off of your shoulders as you kept holding him by his firm waist.

"I could....really go for a pizza." You murmur, quietly in your thoughts.

Now that Lily wasn't around to torment you, or her daughters. You were left with a lot of quietness around you to think...so you were reminiscing the last time you saw your dad.

The last day you guys spent together was at a beach, you had the best day of your life, fooling around, making sand castles, playing volleyball....and at the end of the day your dad was met with the challenge of finding a pizza for you to eat because everything around here they mostly only sold organic food.....

"Hmmm," Hayden hums, kissing your temple, "I'll see if I can find a pizza place....cause around here is really all just organic stuff."

You smile at him almost sounding like your dad...you step towards the window area, watching the waves crash again and again.

Was this was peace felt like? It still felt strange being here with Hayden, you've only known him for about a few weeks or so.

Hayden walks away to find the catalog his mom kept with all the restaurants and stores in the area.

Ir was nighttime now in the Hamptons and you were still near the seated area, this time on the home phone that Hayden had here because Lily took your other phone.

"Hello? Yes! I-I've been on hold for about 2 hours....I just want to talk with Andy Barber...tell him Y/n Y/l/n is calling." You speak fast to the fourth person you've talked to tonight, trying to get in contact with your dad's friend's law firm.