"Its simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password and the doors will open." Explained Gandalf confidently and raised his arms.

"Annon Edhellen, edro hi ammen!" (Gate of the Elves, open now for me!) the wind blew cold but the supposed door stood unmoving.

"Fennas Nogothrim, lasto beth lammen." (Doorway of the Dwarf-folk, listen to the word of my tongue. ) the wizard continued.

"Nothings happening" said Pippin standing near Merry.

"If all my years of following old treasure maps has thought me anything it's that these things are never as clear as you wish it to be." the pirate said to the small hobbits.

"Treasure?!" the two mischief makers immediately called, excitement in their voice. Y/n smiled at them.

"A tale for another time my little friends." she chuckled.

"I once knew every spell in all the tongues of Elves, Men, and Orcs." Gandalf complained sounding rather disappointed in himself.

"What are you going to do, then?" asked Pippin, looking rather bored, kicking his feet while still standing.

Then angrily Gandalf blurted out: "Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try to find the opening words."

Gandalf had begun pushing on the stoney walls but to no avail. He tried more sentences in various languages and tone of voice to try and open the doors but nothing happened.

Y/n looked around seeing Aragorn and Sam letting go of the small Pony that till now, had been carrying some of their luggage.

Gandalf was getting increasingly annoyed.

"It must be a riddle!" y/n called "It's always a riddle."

Gandalf looked at her with a raised brow.

"Then what do you persume is the answer?" questioned the wizard.

The pirate opened her mouth to answer but was inturrupted by a slpash. Merry and Pippin had started throwing rocks in the water but were quickly stopped by Aragorn.

"Do not disturbe the water." he warned making the hobbits stop.

Y/n let her eyes glide over the ominous dark water, a shudder went down her spine and she quickly averted her eyes.

"I know not of your languages or the friendship between the races." deflected the pirate. Now it was Frodo's time to chime in.

"She's right it's a riddle! Speak friend, and enter. What's the Elvish word for friend?" the ring bearer called.

"Oh ... mellon!" Gandalf spoke slowly and instantly the gate reacted, shining bright, the middle swung open like large doors of stone. The inside of he mines was darker than most nights y/n had witnessed before in her life. Reliefed the fellowship was starting to enter, Gimli was now walking besides Legolas and y/n next to him.

"Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves; roaring fires, malt beer, red meat off the bone! This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin ... And they call this a mine. A mine!" spoke Gimli loudly and happily, sounding very proud of his culture. The pirate smiled.

"That does sound incredible, master Dwarf." she agreed with a wide grin making the dwarf cackle loudly. Gandalf staff started glowing brightly illuminating the dark mines. Instantly all happiness left the fellowships bodys as they recoiled in horror. The floors were littered with small skeletons in heavy metal armour. Cobwebs were covering the long dead dwarfen bodys, arrows sticking out of their rusting armour and shields indicating the way they had passed.

"This is no mine ... It's a tomb!" spoke Boromir grimly.

"Oh ... no ... no ... no...!" Gimly yelled stumbling further into the mine, looking around frantically. Legolas took one of the arrows from a nearby skeleton inspecting its tip.

"Goblins!" he warned urgency in his tone. The fellowship drew their swords, y/n also placed her hand on her blades handle.

"We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here." Said Boromir sounding mad. Behind them they heard a yelp they wipped their heads around as fast as they could seeing Frodo getting pulled into the black lake by a slimy tentacle wrapped around his leg.

Within seconds Aragorn had severed the tentacle and pulled Frodo to safety but more appendages were already standing up outside the lake, the water began bubbling where it's head supposedly was.

"A Kraken!" y/n yelled before quietly adding. "I've had enough of Krakens!"

Another tentacle flung out and grabbed Frodo again, this time swlinging up into the air taking him with. He screamed in fear and tried freeing his feet from the creatures hold.

Boromir and Aragorn were hacking at the Krakens arms as Legolas was shooting arrows, Gandlaf was ushering the other hobbits back towards the door calling: "Into the mines!"

Without another moments hesitation y/n had pulled her sword and charged at the monster, this time she had the upper hand. Back then she was in the middle of the ocean on a wooden boat and the beast was at least tripple the size of this one. She jumped atop of the large rock near the water and from it towards the Kraken. She cut the tentacle holding Frodo and he fell down into Boromirs arms.

"Y/n!" she could hear Legolases urgent voice but ignored his screames, they'd only distract her. She clung to one of the tentacles and it started swinging her around wildly. But she held on not unused to getting thrown around like this. When she was closest to the bubbling spot of water where she could already see the Krakens ugly beady eyes, she let go. Falling down onto it's head, sword first, jamming it into its slimy oversized head. The creature screeched and tried shaking her off pushing its body further above water.

Bad choice.

She sunk to her knees pushing the balde in further, untill the hilt was the only thing seen of her blade the rest stabbed into the beasts head, twisting it for good mesure. A pathetic cry left it's mouth and the tentacles started slumping down as the beast sunk back under water.
She jumped of its head towards the shore where Legolas stood ready to catch her. Mid-air she put away her sword, instantly feeling a seering pain in her arm as the sword drew the needed blood from her. The elf had his arms stretched out as soon as their hands touched he pulled her further towards him. Their bodys crashed together and Legolas stumbled back but luckily kept his balance. Y/n's feet touched the ground again but her arms were still wrapped around Legolases neck.
"We have to move, that little prick won't have hurt it much." she brought out and grasped his hands running towards the mines and not a second to late as through the crack of the closing doors they could see the beast launching its slimy body out of the water and towards the fleeing fellowship. A loud wet but muffled splat was heard as the beast collided with the closed dwarfen gate.

"That was quite impressive." spoke Aragorn who was now standing next to her, still out of breath from the sudden fight.

"And reckless." added Legolas sounding a little upset.

"Aye, t'was nothing. This thing was bearly a third the size me old enemy was and that wasn't even half as reckless as a third of my previous fights or half as succesfull." she blurted out in record speed so it took the males a few seconds to decipher her words.

Before they could gather up the words to respond y/n had already turned away and Gandalf rose his voice to speak.

"Now we have but one choice ... we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard ... there are older and fouler things than the Orcs in the deep places of the world."

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

Oh Bugger! Not another Kraken!

~ 1920 words