Eventually, I heard the front door open, and I knew it was Mum. But I couldn't let her see me like this; she already has too much to worry about. I sat up wiping my eyes and cheeks, before standing up and walking out of my room. But I didn't get very far, Mum was waiting outside my door and she pushed me in and back onto my bed.

I watched as she closed the door, before coming and sitting down next to me on my bed. I frowned and went to ask what she was doing, but she cut me off by pulling me close and into one of her mother's hugs. I smiled and burst into tears, wrapping my arms around her.

"I don— I don't— kn-know wha-what hap—happened. I thought— I really thought h-he liked— me back," Mum ran her fingers through my hair and it comforted me.

"Sweetie, sometimes things like this happen. Look at your father and me," I frowned pulling away from her slightly,

"But Felix wouldn't— he wanted me to know his secret, but I wouldn't let— him tell me. I wanted— him to keep— i-t to him-himself, so he— still had— part of himself— to himself—" Mum grabbed my head sitting it on her lap as she patted my head,

"Oh, Jakie— maybe he really wanted you to know." I shook my head,

"He said he pitied me for liking him, so he just went along with it all. He hates me Mum— he never liked me and I fell for it— I fell for him—" There I said it. The boy I have liked for months just turned into the boy I'm in love with— and he hates my guts. I let out a strangled cry at the truth—

"Why him, Mum—? Why him?" Mum shrugged at my question. I guess parents don't have all the answers.

"You tell me, sweetie." As she uttered the words, everything I knew about Felix came crashing down on me and I shook my head.

"I was an asshole to him, he probably just wanted revenge." Mum sighed as if she didn't believe me. I knew she wouldn't. I was her innocent, kind child. She didn't know the type of person I was when I wasn't around her.

"Well, I don't believe that for one second." I frowned sitting up in Mum's lap.

"What do you mean?" Mum sighed at me, acting as if I was a child that was learning an important lesson.

"If he took his time to kiss you and talk to you— then it wasn't all a lie. Maybe he was just scared you didn't really like him." I frowned,

"I get where you're going, but he said the next time I talk to him should be when I'm bullying him next— I don't— I can't— why would he—" I couldn't find the words, as I burst into tears again, moving so I was back on my pillow. I fucking loved him— and now— now he fucking hates me— why me? Why did I have to go and screw everything up?!

Felix's P.O.V

I was jolted awake by Dad who was standing above me. I freaked out wondering how he got into my room after I locked the door, but I frowned as I noticed the keys in his hand. I guess that answers that question.

"I thought I told you to never come in here," I muttered the words lowly, wanting Dad to know how serious I was about him coming in here. Dad sighed,

"Yeah, I know. But I was worried— you had your curtains closed, and now I discover you in your bed— actually sleeping. That hasn't happened in—" I finished for him,

"—In three years." Dad nodded, before sighing and grabbing my hands as I was now sitting up in bed. I looked at him confused,

"Dad—" I didn't know what I was going to say to him. How was I going to be able to explain anything about Jake and I to him? I guess it didn't matter as he cut me off, asking the question aloud.