𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

PINTEREST ; @applesuperior ━ unknown

She had always likened mornings as the eve to her adam; to be a being so couth and benign that if it were a lover, they would wash away the bitter gales of sorrow from her heart and light her eyes forevermore as would her blood flowing, tears effervescent, body existing, do. Cursed to be with her existence even until its beauty wanes and wilts from gold to brown and black, like the bones structuring her very being; it would never, ever leave her side until death judges it to be like so.

An obsessive lover, she is, and she knows of it. She knows, she knows, and god is she sick of it. And yet, her trembling hand continues to seek its warmth, for her fingers in its unrelenting embrace and her body in surrender to its flames until all she is, is but dust to the Earth, unnoticeable and never found, as she loses her ashen body to the sea of garish longing.

( even when she first opened her eyes, she had already been embers just waiting to burn ━ )

But then time would beseech to her. It would beg on its immortal knees, scathing nails deep in her cheeks as it whispers, no, you cannot, my child. It would drone in its statics, unminding her confusion as it repeats: not yet, not yet, not yet.

She would always ask what it is it was waiting for, but even when she waits and waits, the silence was all it could answer.

Hence, she flows with the winds, on summer's bidden rain, and always-churning seas belying its brothers' galactic macrocosm. She would fly with every strike of Zeus' lightning upon the mortal precipice, dance in drunken valor with thorns on her feet until she unravels from a melody only she can hear. A menace unchained bathing in stars and its kin, never seeking an end; never stopping for singularity.

But as much as she mirrored wings to her feet, and flew to the pinnacle of the highest heavens, there would always be times when she would be moored to the earth as its slave ━ a time that was, unfortunately for her, at an unexpected time that was her 1989.