Chapter 1

Going a full day without Kevin bullying me, is impossible.

Most days, he would give me a few punches here and there, rarely kicks me, and occasionally pushes me, but the one thing that absolutely bothers me the most would be the name calling.

I've lived most of my life, with rude ass people spreading rumors about me, and no one who knows anything about me and will probably never understand me.

The only family I have left is my mom, but she's always home drunk, she too has no idea about anything in my life.

I heard the bell ring announcing that school has just finished.

It's finally summer, I can't wait to go run around in the woods. Ooh! I could play find the scent. Nah that's too kiddish.I shot out of class to my locker, hoping to leave early and hide from others in the hallway.  I tripped over something and fell onto the floor with a thud. One name, Kevin.

"How's it going down there, Moody?" Kevin said as I looked up.

"Isn't her name Mush?" his friend said mocking me, I think his name is shithead or something.

I quickly got my stuff from the floor and completely ignored them. Not today. I ran to my locker and dialed my lock, quickly opening my locker.

"Yo Melody, watcha think you're doing?" I heard Kevin's voice behind me. I winced. "Don't you dare call me that" I spoke loud enough for him to hear. He tried to push me into my locker but I wouldn't budge.

"Melody-E," he said mocking my name. I growled, so loud that everyone in the hallway stopped talking. Kevin was a bit taller than me, but I looked him dead in the eye. "Stay the hell away from me!!" I shouted. 

My eyes darkened. I could have felt it. Holy shit! He just saw my eyes darken! What am I going to do now? I ran out from my locker, out of the hallway and to the parking lot of the school.

People came closer to me, the smell of things grew stronger, my eyesight was getting better, my hearing was growing stronger by the second, my heart was racing faster, and I groaned.

I ran as fast as I could to the nearest forest. I stripped behind a tree, putting my clothes into my bag, and cramped down. The world spinning, and voices were heard everywhere. I felt weak, so weak.

But I had enough energy to smell my surroundings, making sure no humans were in the forest. My sides ached, my head was spinning, and soon everything was slowing down. Just like that, the sensations vanished. I stood up onto my legs.

I looked down, and in shock, I gasped, but it sounded more like a whine. My second shift! I walked over to my bag and grabbed my bag with my teeth. I roamed the woods trying to find my mothers scent. She doesn't even know about my first shift, which was about two years ago when I was thirteen.

It took me about five minutes to find my moms' scent and only three minutes for me to arrive at the house. I walked over to the back of the house and shifted, some pain remained and most of it just came and left.

I put on my clothes and went inside the house. Opening the door silently and putting my school bag into my room. "Melody-Emily!" I heard my mom screech. I ran downstairs out from my room as fast as I could in human speed.

"Yes, mother?" I asked.

I found my mother downstairs talking to a lady. She somehow reminded me of Kevin, I shook my head. "Are you okay, Melody-Emily?" the lady asked me. "Yeah I'm fine just a little light headed." she nodded as if she understood me.

I was waiting for the nice lady to leave and for mom to start hurting me after she would have left but no, she just stood there. "Oh sorry for not properly introducing myself," she said politely. "I'm Heather Glennon, It's nice to meet you, you would be the perfect daughter," she said. The last phrase she spoke stuck to me like glue. You would be the perfect daughter. I turned to my mother she just sat at the side, grinning, happy.

So this is what she thought of. Setting up her only daughter off for adoption. She is so drunk. She's setting off a werewolf teenager to a bunch of humans, Yeah, she is so drunk. I just stood there awkwardly. "Well come on, we don't want to upset the boys, " she said.

"Th-the b-boys?" I stuttered. "I have two children, three including you now, There's Kevin about your age, and Kenneth," she said. Oh my god, this is just. 

Oh, Crap.