008. WHATEVER IT TAKES

Start from the beginning

     Thor proceeds to the story, "Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather many years ago had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh," He gave a jazz hands, "Scary beings. So, Jane, actually..." He swiped on the screen and it showed a brown haired woman, "Oh, there she is."

     "Yeah, so, Jane was an old flame of mine," Tony had his arms crossed as he stared at him. "You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her, and she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from..."

     Scott seemed to be so invested with and enjoying Thor's story, nodding along with what he says while the others just blankly stared at him, "And we had to try and fix her."

     "We were dating at the time, you see, and I got to introduce her to my mother..." Thor's cheery tone dropped and turned darker, "Who's dead, and um," He sounded like he was close to crying and Y/N sighed as she shook her head in disbelief, "Oh. You know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so... Yes, these things happen, though?"

     Y/N motioned her hand in front of her neck in a cut it out' motion to Bruce and Tony and the latter stepped forward.

          "Nothing lasts forever," Tony stepped close to Thor and gently tried to coax him down, "Why don't you sit down?" Thor waved him off, "I'm not done yet. The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence," Thor chuckled and Y/N and Natasha exchanged concerned looks.

     Tony gave a quick clap of his hands. "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" He offered and Thor shook his head, "No. I'd like a Bloody Mary."

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

     Once Thor had went back to his seat, Rocket went next and stood on the table in front of everyone. "Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag," He said while a picture of the Power Stone is on the screen.

     "Is that a person?" Bruce questioned while everyone else are eating their ordered Chinese food in a cup.

     "No, Morag's a planet. Quill was a person," Rocket explained. "Like a planet?" Scott asked with his mouth full and wide eyes, "Like in outer space?"

     Rocket walked towards him and ruffled his hair, "Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

     After Rocket explained his known knowledge about the Power Stone to the others, Tony to the floor again spoke up, "Y/N, why don't we move on to you?" Y/N looked at him in surprise while wiping her lips with a tissue. "Anything we need to know about the Mind Stone?"

     "Uh," Y/N thought for a moment, clearing her throat as she stood up once a picture of the Mind Stone popped up on the screen.

     "Well, I think everyone knows about it. Wanda and I actually got our powers from it, not a lot of people survived during the experimentation. The Mind Stone can be used to control people's mind. That same stone was in Loki's scepter."

     "But it's blue?" Scott and Rhodey squinted at the image of Loki's scepter in the screen, "Isn't it supposed to be yellow? Like on the screen?"