008. WHATEVER IT TAKES

CHAPTER EIGHT: WHATEVER IT TAKES

     "OKAY. SO, THE HOW works," Steve started as he stood in front of the group beside the holographic screens that showed pictures of all of the six infinity stones.

     All the Avengers were gathered in a room to hold the meeting, "Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones."

     "Or substitute the word "encounter" for "damn near been killed" by one of the six infinity stones," Tony retorted as he walked across the room with a cup of coffee in his hand.

     "Well, I haven't," Scott piped as he sat beside Rocket. "But I don't even know what the hell you're talking about."

     "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," Bruce walked across the room. "Our history," Tony quipped, "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

     "Which means we have to pick our targets," Clint stated with crossed arms and Tony nodded at him.

     "Correct."

     "So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" As soon as Steve asked, everyone turned to look at him. He was leaning back on his chair lazily, almost motionless. His chest rose and fell slowly and he was wearing his sunglasses, which made it hard for them to decide whether he's asleep or not.

     "Is he even still alive? Or is he asleep?" Natasha wondered beside Y/N who was seated between her and Thor. "No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead," Rhodey deadpanned from her other side.

─── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ───

     "Uh, where to start? Uhm..." Thor now stood in front of the group as the others went to the back to listen to what he has to say. On the holographic screen, showed a red infinity stone: the Reality Stone.

     Thor took of his sunglasses to use it to point on the picture, "The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before," He pointed at Steve who frowned in confusion in return, "Uhm, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing, so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that," Thor added as he put a few eyedrops on his eyes.

     Clint and Rhodey slowly turned to each other and exchanged a look.

     Y/N was now seated between Natasha and Scott. She crossed her arms as she leaned her back on her chair, her legs were crossed on top of each as well while she closed her eyes and heaved a small sigh, nodding blindly to whatever Thor says as if she understood well.