The beginning

~the next day~

Bilbo was just enjoying his pipe weed and the sun in front of his smial, while Sin was taking a nap (sometimes on days like this he gets a headache from the brightness of the sun, the curse of having blue eyes and sharpened vision.)

When an old man with a pointy grey hat, grey robes and a staff came up to him.

“Good morning.”

“What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning? Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on? Hm?”

Bilbo gave the strange old man a confused look and then frowned.

“All of them at once, I suppose.”

“Hmm.”

“Can I help you?”

“That remains to be seen. I'm looking for someone to share in an adventure.”

“An adventure? No, I don't imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things. Make you late for dinner. Heh, heh. Mm. Huh. Hmm. Oh. Ah.” Bilbo stood up “Good morning.” And walked towards his smial.

“To think that I should have lived to be "good morninged"... ...by Belladonna Took's son as if I were selling buttons at the door.”

Bilbo turned around to face the old man.
“Beg Your pardon?”

“You've changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins.”

“I'm sorry, do I know you?”

“Well, you know my name, although you don't remember I belong to it. I'm Gandalf. And Gandalf means...” He thought for a moment. ”...me.”

“Gandalf? Not Gandalf the wandering Wizard...” He said surprised. “...who made such excellent fireworks? Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve. Heh, heh. Ahem. No idea you were still in business.”

“And where else should I be?” He asked surprised.

Bilbo looked at him confused. “Where else...? Ahem.”

“Well, I'm pleased to find you remember something about me...” He said and mumbled “...even if it's only my fireworks.” Then speaking louder “Yes. Well, that's decided. It'll be very good for you...” Gandalf paused “...and most amusing for me. I shall inform the others.”

“Inform the who? What?” He asked confused “No. No. No... Wait. We do not want any adventures here, thank you. Not today. Not...” Bilbo thought for a moment “I suggest you try Over the Hill or Across the Water. Good morning.” With that Bilbo closed the door behind him.

He walked straight to Sin’s room not knowing that a certain wizard marked his door.

So you’re saying that Gandalf the Grey asked you to come with him on an adventure…”

Bilbo nodded

“And you said no?!” Sin said with disbelieve.

After Bilbo woke Sin up he told him the whole story, after Sin saw his distress and calmed him down. They were sitting on Sin’s bed. Sin’s room is the only room besides that of Bilbo that had a personal look. After Bilbo’s parents moved into the smial Sin got to personalize his own room. It was pretty basic and practical with furniture, a bed, nightstand, desk and chair by the window. No the only thing that stood out of the other guest rooms where the wall paintings that Sin made himself. The walls looked exactly like a forest. On one side you saw that there was a meadow in the forest between a few trees and in that meadow was a small lake, waterfall and a little stream of water that was going deeper into the forest. There was by the lake an elk drinking from it complete white with big antlers. On another wall you could see a snow leopard in the trees and a black wolf. For the rest where here and there bunny’s, squirrels and a lot of different birds. Everything was with such a detail made that it looked like it was real you don’t even notice the furniture that well.

And now sitting on the bed Bilbo and Sin discus Bilbo’s unexpected meeting with a wizard named Gandalf.

“Come on Bilbo where is the little hobbit that always wanted to go on an adventure? When you were younger you always where seeking for elves in the forest, climbed trees so high until you got scared and I needed to rescue you. And now that an adventure lies before your feet you say no! what happened to you Bilbo I know we haven’t seen each other much after your mother’s funeral, but this isn’t how I know you. The Bilbo I know would take the invitation and demand that you go on the same day.” He said with concern.

“I grew up Sin. That’s what happened. After you left I took everything over, a Bagging’s and proper hobbit doesn’t go on an adventure.”

“Bullshit Bilbo and you know it.”

Bilbo sighed

‘Come on Bilbo it’s getting late I’m going to make dinner this time and you relax.” With that said Sin walked away.

Later that night Bilbo couldn’t sleep to busy thinking about what happened. So after a long time staring into the darkness, Bilbo slipped out of bed. He walked to the kitchen to make some warm milk with honey and read a little.

After some reading he didn’t go to his room but to his friend’s seeing the male in a deep sleep he slipped under the covers. Feeling the warm body besides him Sin automatically turned and hugged Bilbo from behind Bilbo shut his eyes and fell asleep in the safe and comfort embrace of his best friend.

Before you ask the relation is complete platonic, Sin literally watched Bilbo grow up. He is like Bilbo’s uncle/brother.