v. back to reality

v. BACK TO REALITY

Lulu was sitting in the middle seat, staying extremely quiet as she recalled the events of the night

Lulu was sitting in the middle seat, staying extremely quiet as she recalled the events of the night. On one hand, Lulu was happy Fezco was back in business and that he had beat the shit out of Nate. The guy had it coming and it had been so satisfying to watch him being powerless in front of so many people. On the other hand, she couldn't help the gut wrenching feeling creeping inside of her warning her that it would backfire on him.

She pulled down the window and lit up another cigarette, letting out a long sigh, as Fezco looked at her through the rear view mirror.

She winked at him before noticing Ashtray looking at her curiously, "What's so funny, midget?"

Ashtray rolled his eyes, "You gotta drop that nickname, I swear."

Fezco and Lulu laughed, "Oh you acting all tough, I see."

"Whatever," Ashtray grunted, "What's Zahia doin' tonight?"

Lulu frowned as she pictured the mess she would definitely be cleaning the following morning, "A party. At our house."

"Yeah?"

Lulu nodded, "You could go. She's gonna go crazy if you show up."

Ashtray flashed her a smile for a second, before going back to his usual serious face, "Yep, I could do that."

"But no selling," Lulu warned, "I swear to—"

Ashtray grimaced, "I'd never fuckin' sell shit with Z around, c'mon."

And she knew the boy didn't lie.

When they finally made it home, Lulu could tell the party was going strong inside of her house. Some teens were smoking and making out right outside and the music was loud. Very loud. But something unusual did catch her attention.

Two people were walking down the street and away from her house, as a small crowd had gathered around Zahia, who was near the front door.

"The fuck's going on?" Lulu let out as Penelope, one of Zahia's friend, looked back at the people walking away.

"Yeah, that's right, get the fuck out of here," Penelope yelled, "You pieces of shit!"

The two people were too far away for Lulu to recognize them, even when she walked out of the car, "Hey, what's going on, Z?"

"Oh, Imma tell you what's going on," Penelope started but she was cut off by Zahia.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," Zahia said with a smile, "It's all good."

Fezco and Ashtray were now both out of the car as well as a massive smile drew itself on Zahia's face at the sight of the younger one, "Ash!"

Ashtray looked over at Fezco, "It's cool if I go for a bit?"