t w e n t y f o u r

Start from the beginning

"You're not gonna break my heart and tell me that John Stamos is HYDRA, right?"

"John Stamos is not HYDRA." Ricky laughed, "Found out that Kanye West dealt them money, though."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, he bought something from them or some shit like that. Not completely sure though, wasn't my case. I just know he got away with it."

"Fuck HYDRA."

"Fuck 'em." Ricky agreed, smiling at her with a faint chuckle.

"So," Ricky began, "Where's Rogers?"

"Steve?"

"No, Kenny." Ricky replied sarcastically.

Ember raised a confused eyebrow.

"He's a country singer." Ricky muttered.

"Righttt."

Rickys joke was a flop, and Ember could sense the awkwardness radiating off of him.

"Yeah, I meant Steve. He's normally attached to you at the hip, what'd you do to scare him off this time? Go villain mode again?"

"I'm always in villain mode." She grinned, successfully diverting from the topic of Steve. The guy that was on her mind 24/7, the guy she just couldn't stop thinking about, the guy... The guy.

"You're a big softie, really."

"Don't say that. It ruins my reputation." Ember sent him a joking glare.

"Sorry." Ricky raised his hands in defeat, "How dare I do such a thing."

"Yeah, how fuckin' dare you."

April 12th 2017
Avengers Compound

Being late wasn't really Steve Rogers style.

The only times he had ever been late in the past few months had been entirely Embers fault.

But this time it was his own.

Some douchebag decided it would be a good idea to shoot him in the forearm.

So he was in the infirmary getting stitches.

"You keep getting shot." Bucky say by him as the nurse stitched up Steve.

Steve here to stitch up his own wounds, he hated bothering other people. But since the day he ended up in Embers bedroom, he had decided coming to the nurse was a better idea.

Not to mention that when Steve had recovered, Ember had let him know that the wound was, in her words, 'ewww.'

"'Cause I have to go fight all the bad guys." Steve joked.

Bucky chuckled while he slumped in his uncomfortable plastic hospital chair next to Steve.

The silence engulfed the room, but Bucky found it really difficult not to laugh whenever Steve would hiss with pain when he would get stitched up.

"Shut up." Steve tried to be mad. But he couldn't. He'd never once in his life been mad at his best friend.

"You're such a baby." He laughed.

"That's you done, Captain Rogers. Come back next week and I'll remove the stitches, and if you suspect any infection stop by and I'll take a look at it." The nurse told Steve with a sweet smile, before exiting the room.

"I think she likes you." Bucky said, as he nudged his arm.

"Oucccch that was my shot up arm."

"Shot up arm." Bucky scoffed, "It was one bullet that barley grazed your arm."

Steve rolled his eyes before nudging Bucky back as they walked down the corridor towards the living quarters.

"Okay but can we go back to the fact that nurse was practically undressing you with her eyes."

"I thought only Wanda could move things with her mind."

"I didn't mean it like that, you actual dumbass."

"Oh... Right."

"But you don't like her, do you?"

"She seemed nice."

"I meant romantically."

"Oh. I just met her today, how am I supposed to know."

"I was leading up to asking to about when the fuck you're gonna admit to totally being in love with Rose, but I'm just gonna spit it out because you are so thick sometimes."

Steve turned a deep shade of red. And Bucky once again found himself trying not to laugh.

"You don't need to actually say it out loud. I know you have strong feelings for her."

"I uhm—"

"She's at the party. I think you should tell her. Doesn't have to be tonight, but I think it should be soon. Like Addy said, give her a reason to stay. You're her reason to stay."