Kira: Just talk to him Ahri, it's you!

Kira was Ahri's closest friend, an exchange student from Japan.

Ahri: I know it's me, but he's. . . he's him.

Hawk had only been there a couple of weeks but he was already the talk of the school. A few of the other girls had been daring each other to go up and talk to him, but none of them actually went for it.

The boy seemed to speak and understand Korean well enough, but that was just from Ahri's observation. Ahri's – borderline stalkerish – observation. Could you blame her though? He was so different, so unique. But he was also a creature of habit. He ate the same food every day. He sat in the same spot every day. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say he was like a video constantly set to loop.

Ahri was the popular girl. She just had a weird charm that attracted people to her without her even trying. And because of her fox tail and ears, it was impossible to not notice her. It was scary at first, being the center of everyone's attention. Everyone's eyes were on her, grabbing at her. They were either idolizing, scathing, amused, envious, or even lustful. That last one made her especially uncomfortable. But she eventually grew comfortable with it, with everyone thinking she was some sort of supernatural beauty. It was true in some respect. She even used it to gain favor in certain circles.

But the thing that made Hawk stand out to her was simple, he didn't look at her with lustful or disgusted eyes. In fact, he didn't even seem to realize she existed. He might have just thought that the ears and tail were a fashion statement or cosplay, but she doubted that. This left her on the other side of things, now she was the one approaching the mysterious and unique person. Now she was the one feeling nervous.

Kira: You just need to suck it up and talk to him, it won't be that hard!

Ahri: I don't think it'll be hard but. . . what would I even say? Hey, do you like jazz? Can I do my laundry on those washboard abs? Is it true white guys have-

Kira: No! Not that! Just think of something cute. . . or witty. or cutely witty! Go, now!

Ahri: Can I at least borrow your glasses? They look so cute on you I'm sure they'll help-

Kira shoved Ahri forward. Hawk was sitting alone as the rest of his friends had already finished and were already going to their next classes. He was only a few meters away. He usually left five-ish minutes after the rest of his cohort. Sometimes stalking paid off.

He was tall, clean-shaven, had a tangle of messy brown hair, and very bright orange eyes. He was a very pretty man.

Akali moved her feet forward like she was walking on ice, trying to keep her balance and avoid falling. She felt like a statue come alive, trying to escape the museum without scratching the floor. She dreaded reaching her destination. Hawk had noticed her at this point, quirking his head and smiling. As she finally reached him she gave a small wave.

What was she going to say? Why did she decide to do this? She could be doing her work, or talking to friends, or sucking up to the teachers, or-

Ahri: . . .sup. . .

She figured her English would be better than his Korean but just saying that felt stiff. She tried to fall back into her 'cool girl' posture, putting her hands on her hips and giving him a slightly arrogant glair.

Ahri: You're Hawk, right?

She attempted to say in a sexy drawl, the kind you use to seduce a lover into bed. . . maybe? She had seen it done in movies. Questionable movies. Fuck. Wait. Was she trying to be cute or sexy? Why was she trying to seduce him in the first place? She literally knew nothing about him. She just thought he seemed interesting. Oh well, no going back now. Is it getting hot in here?