solar eclipse chapter 1

"Olivia! Wake up and come eat the family is here for breakfast" my father yelled from downstairs,
"okay coming!" I say

I could sleep past noon If I could, I work till 3 am I would work longer but my dad thinks I work too hard and too long. I work at the Luna with my dad we own the company our whiskey is known and popular, our biggest competitors are the ryders they almost sell as much as we do, I think they're stealing our ingredients my dad doesn't tho.

the ryders are huge in the wine industry, I've met the previous owners Hiram and Isabelle but they passed the company to their youngest son I've always wondered why it was not given to the eldest son Seth, but we meet the new boss in a month. anyways I should go to eat breakfast

But before we go to meet the family we should start from the beginning my name is Olivia Luna I was born on October 31st,2004 on a solar Eclipse in Manhattan, New York City my parents are Derek and Rosalie they had another child before me Abigale James my parents weren't married so she has my mothers last name James while I have my father's last name, Luna.

When I was 10 and my sister was 13 mom and dad had separated, my father took me and my sister to Italy where my dad was from because his older brother, my uncle had passed so my father had to take over the family business.
2years later Abigail moved in with my mom in New Orleans while I stayed with my father because I was angry at my mother for leaving us and mad at her for not visiting me...or telling me why she had left.

My mother is a wolf and my father was a wolf until there were hunters that attacked us my father thought the only way to protect my mother and sister was if he became a vampire
So when they found out my mother was pregnant with me they were confused my father thought my mother was having an affair since vampires can't procreate so they went to a witch and she told my parents that I am my father's child. The witch had told them that I am a wolf but with vampire blood in my system so if I die I'll become a hybrid.

My mother and sister are more open with being wolfs, my mother had joined a pack in New Orleans called The Crescent Wolfs they have the most feared alpha in the world I heard rumors that he isn't just a wolf but a hybrid if that's true then he's the strongest supernatural creature to ever live.

I did some investigating on the crescent pack so I can find out why my mom left us for them but I found absolutely nothing
But I do know where they will be next, theirs a huge gambling thing coming up in Las Vegas a friend told me that most of the packs we'll be there so with any luck I can find my mother and sister there and get answers.

I love my sister but I haven't forgiven her for leaving me ever since she left us it just has been me and my dad he's tuff on me but only because he wants me to be strong.
When mom left I have been around more vampires than wolves cause of dad's side of the family so I'm more comfortable with vamps than wolf's
Sometimes I do feel like an outsider for being the only wolf but they try to make me not feel out of place and I love them for that.

Back to breakfast
"good morning" I say entering the dinning room
"about time" my father says with an aspirated tone
"Buongiorno a te/good morning to you too"my Tia says "remember we have a shipment of whiskey coming tomorrow night"my father says looking at me "I told you I can't Caroline and jasmine are going to New York to shop for jasmines birthday presents" I tell him

Caroline and jasmine have been my best friends since I was 16

Derek: Oh ya forgot I'll just put Chris on it

Chris is one of my best friends his also the most skilled vampire fighter I know

Olivia: okay I'm leaving tonight at 10 pm

Derek/dad: just be careful when you get to New York okay?

Olivia: Quando non lo sono attento/when am I not careful

Olivia: but ok I will

Derek: ti amo.

Olivia: I love you too.

Mind link-Icy: why can't u just tell him you're going to go find your sister and mom in Las Vegas
Mind link-Olivia: because then he'll ask why and not let me go

Meanwhile with Cruze

I don't know why we have to go to Las Vegas to meet some packs, but my dad thinks it's better if I introduce myself to alphas and Luna's I haven't met yet
When my father stepped down I was named alpha of our pack and the new boss of our wine company it was supposed to be my brother leading us but he turned it down so he and his mate ivy can live a happy and adventure life
I would never turn down being an alpha for my mate or if I even have one since I'm a hybrid I'm half-vampire so it's rare if I do have one my father was lucky to find my mother.

They say having a mate is the most powerful bond between two people,
I don't believe that.

I'm stronger than most alphas because I'm a hybrid I was born being a vampire and a wolf here's why my father was one of the first vampires created his village was attacked by the wolf's so his mother thought the only way to protect him and his siblings was by making them stronger then wolf's his mother my grandmother was a witch a powerful one to so she made her children vampires but she had an affair with a wolf my father's real dad, so my dad became a hybrid 1,500 years later he met his mate my mom Isabelle and decided he wanted to grow old with her so he found a witch that can strip his vampire side and then they had my older brother Seth and then me and my sister Arianna, but I was different apparently my father still had some of his vampire side in him and that's why I'm a hybrid, Arianna and Seth are only wolfs tho but they're as strong as vampires.

Being an alpha comes with great responsibility we have to protect our pack before anyone, Jace my best friend who I consider my brother is the beta of the pack he's my right-hand man I trust him with anything, tho he gets on my nerves his mate is Abigale James she's a strong warrior and a skilled fighter her and Rosalie james her mother joined our pack not that long ago, Rosalie and my mother Isabelle were best friends since high school Rosalie is practically my godmother.

My wolf's name is blade we disagree on most things he wants a mate he says he knows she's out there..but if she is, she heard the rumors of me being a beast so I hid my scent so blade won't be hurt if she rejects us.