Chapter 16 : Back on Track

Start from the beginning

"What? Sports Festival or ass?" the boy asked.

"As-"

"Don't say that Aiya!" Y/n yells to the girl as Shota glares at the boy.

"For now, let's watch our language here, understood class," Shota's glare gets a nod and a 'Yes sir'.

"Wait a second," Denki says.

"Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival so soon after the villains snuck inside?" Jiro asked, probably reading Denki's mind.

"They could attack once we're all in the same place," Ojiro adds.

"For some reason, the administration thinks the Sports Festival is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and the school safer than ever,". Y/n says crossing her arms.

Personally, she thinks the sports festival should really be postponed so they can get their security up or find out the reason how the villains even knew when and where All Might was gonna be.

"Plus they're beefing up security compared to past years," Shota says making Y/n scoff quietly.

Yeah if you call new heroes security. Most were just there for fame and this was a gateway for them.

"This is an opportunity for all students in U.A. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains," Shota says.

"Uhm why not? It's just a sports festival?" Mineta questions.

"Our sports festival is a great opportunity for you guys to get recognized by hero's and scouted for their agencies. It's a big deal," Y/n answers.

"Joining a hero's agency could provide an experience not only for a sidekick but potentially popularity," Shota adds.

"If you wanna go pro one day then this event can open a path for you,"

"Me too?" Aiya asks raising her hand making Aizawa smile.

"Maybe when you're older," Aizawa grins.

"Work your hardest for this event. This could be a great opening for all of your careers. Don't slack off on your training," Y/n says smiling softly at the class.

"Yes ma'am,"

Determination basically radiated off of the students. Y/n could tell they were really gonna put their all into this and she was gonna help them every step of the way.

"Class is dismissed," Aizawa says crawling into his sleeping bag. Aiya crawls off of Bakugo's lap and joins her daddy in his sleeping bag.

"You wanna take a nap with me Ya ya?" Aizawa asks softly already closing his eyes.

"Mhm hmm," She mumbles starting to close her eyes.

"I have two babies," Y/n sighs, gathering Shota's paperwork and heading to the cafeteria to get them lunch.

On her way to lunch, Nemuri, aka Midnight joined her.

"I can't believe I'm gonna see you every day!!" Nemuri squeals hugging onto Y/n's arm.

"Nemi baby you're hurting my arm," Y/n giggles as the girl lets go of her arm.

"You know I like a little squeeze," Nemuri smirks making Y/n laugh.

"But I'm just excited. It's just me here. No other females and I got my bestie here with me! If only Bri was here," Nemuri sulks.

"We may be. She's starting up hero work again. Hopefully, we'll see her at the sports festival," Y/n says, as they enter Lunch Rush's Line.

She'd have to bring up the conversation with Brianna if she was gonna join the Sports Festival.

Recently, Brianna has been getting big. Everybody was glad the hero was back.

Y/n could only hope she'll have a great reaction when she comes back.

Nobody really knew besides close friends and family the reason why she left the hero business behind and that was because of her family.

Shota and Aiya came first before anybody else in this world, including herself.

She never once regretted retiring because if she never did, who would say Aiya would have come to this world happy and beautiful.

"We'll we could only hope and cheer for her on the side," Nemuri sighs contently. "I'm really proud of her,"

"We all are," Y/n smiles nudging Nemuri's side.

"I'm proud of you too Y/n. You're an incredible mother who brought such a little joy into this world, and believe it or not, Shota has a little bounce every time you talk to him on the phone on his breaks," Nemuri giggles.

"Thanks, Nemi, I really appreciate you," Y/n smilies gratefully toward the woman. "And I just have that effect on him," Y/n sasses.

They both share a laugh and make their way back to their classrooms.

a/n: yall...hear me out 😳

i had no reason to keep y'all waiting for so long and truly even i don't know why i did sooo

FORGIVE ME 🙇🏾‍♀️

in the sake of black history month don't beat my ass👨🏿‍🌾

but hello my loves!!! i missed you guys and your comments.

hope y'all been good

if you read my other books you've been seeing me trying to update them.

i've been trying to give my other books more attention cause they deserve some love🥴

anyway hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and pray i don't keep y'all waiting for months 🏃🏾‍♀️

love uuu💜💜