"Come here. Are you okay?" Did he catch me staring at him like a fool?
"Will you please try this?"

He made pasta and steak. He sliced a piece of meat and put it in my mouth. "Taste it."

"Delicious." I was staring at his lips.
Damn it! You have to concentrate, Ezrah. You are not a kid. Act like a grown-up. Is this your first time having a crush on someone? I badly wanted to kiss him... so I did...and I got slapped in return.

"Nigel, stand up. We are leaving!" He called his brother. He angrily took off his apron.

"I thought we are going to eat pasta."
His brother replied.

"I'll make you at home."

He then looked at me. "Don't you ever call me again."

He slammed the door. What happened?

I know he doesn't like me but does he really have to be mad like that?

I want to pull him back and push him in my room. If only he didn't bring his brother, I would certainly do that.

How can he just reject me like that?

Weeks have passed so slowly. He never replied to my messages. When I go to their unit, he was always not there. He was busy looking for a job.

This morning, I am here again to check on him, but I only see his brother and their neighbor.

"Mom is not here. He is working in the province." Nigel said to me.

"What province? Where?"

"Surin. He is a chef in a hotel there. Don't worry. He will come here every weekend. He promised." Nigel told me.

I looked at his friend. "Why is he working there? What about Nigel? Who will take care of his brother here?"

"I will." He answered.

"Can I have his address there then?"

"Nikki strictly told me that if a handsome guy with good built asks for his address, do not ever give it to him. Maybe he is referring to you, so sorry.
He didn't tell me not to give his new number, though, so here take it." He gave me Nikki's new phone number.

"Thanks." I ran back to my car and dialed his number.

He is not answering my call.

I messaged him. "You left your brother here for work? You can stay at my house and cook for me." Sent.

"Shut up! Ezrah!"
See? He received my message but did not answer my call.
"No way! For what? To steal a kiss again?"

I paused.
Partly, yes.
I like him if that is the meaning why I badly want to kiss him.

"Just think of your brother."

"I am thinking of my brother. That is why I am working here. I found a good hotel. The restaurant is nice. I am working with good chefs here, and I know I will learn a lot." He replied.

"Nikki, just answer my call."
I tried calling him again, this time, he picked up my call.

"What do you want, Ezrah?"

"You didn't tell me that you will be working far from here. If you don't want to work in my place, I can find you better restaurants in Bangkok. Your brother is here."

(Don't hey me! Can't you see I am talking to someone?)
I heard Nikki talking on the other line.

"Why? What happened? Who is there with you?" I asked.

"I am in the restroom. I am just on a quick break. Some guy is waiting here to talk with me, I guess." Nikki said.

"Who is that? Is he flirting with you?"

"You don't have to know. I need to go back to my station."

"Nikki, listen to me. If you don't pick up my call again, I'll promise you'll see me there right away."

"Then, see you, Ezrah." He laughed. He thought I was joking, huh.

I called Earl to prepare my chopper. I wouldn't travel for 5 hours by land.

"Boss, you can't leave yet. We can't move your meeting with the investors as they flew straight from Singapore. I'll schedule the chopper at night."
Earl said.

Fine.

"I'll be in the meeting room. Tell them to be on time."

My meeting ended successfully. I just took my dinner quickly. The chopper was already waiting for me on my building's rooftop.

I arrived in Surin around 9 in the evening. I found the hotel where he worked, but he told me that Nikki had gone to a sideline. He was hired as a chef at a wedding.

Nikki is not answering my call.

I found the location. It is weird. It was too far from the city proper.
I called Earl to identify who is the owner of this huge property.

"Jongcheveevat, boss." He replied in a split second.

"Miracle?" This guy has a tall pride. He is the one who needs something from me but won't listen to my terms.

"Aidan Jongcheveevat, boss."

Could it be his wedding?

"Is this guy married?" I asked again.

"Currently in a relationship with Reese, sir."

I remembered seeing Phi Reese with a Kirigun. This must be their wedding.

I am invited then.