ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ օռɛ

Start from the beginning

- Good evening, _______. - the familiar male voice says.

- Good evening, Mr. Jones. - I say to our usual customer. He would come every day, at the same time. - What would you like to order?

- The usual, please. - he says, smiling. I note it on my notepad and leave to tell the barista.

- Hey, ______! - my friends say, entering the cafe.

- Morgan! What are you doing here? - I ask them, smiling.

- I was passing by and I thought of buying something while visiting you. - they say.

- Well, what would you like to order? - I ask, smiling at them.

- A chocolate frappuccino. - they take out their wallet and give you the money.

- Alright, wait a little bit and I'll call you when your order is done. - I smile. They move to the side, leaving the line and leaning on the cashier.

- So... ______... Are you already dating someone? - they ask.

- No, Morgan, and I'm not interested. - I say, shrugging.

- Good! I planned a blind date for you, with a nice nonbinary pal of mine. - Morgan smirks.

- No. - I say.

- Come on~ You've been single for too long. - They say.

- Morgan, I'm not interested in dating. I have other things to do. - I look at them, serious.

- Please, go. Only today. - they beg. I sigh.

- Alright. It's the last time I'm doing this. - I say, massaging my temples.

- Thank you, ______! Thank you, thank you, thank you! - they hug me, almost sitting on the cashier so they could reach me.

- Okay, let me go now. - I say, trying to push them away, but their grip only tightens. I sigh.

✷✷✷

I was now sitting at the restaurant. I couldn't believe that I accepted this shit. I hate the dates Morgan usually schedules for me. I wore a comfortable outfit that made me feel confident so at least I wasn't feeling bad about how I looked. Soon, a person with short colored hair and some dope clothes enters the restaurant. They look around and when they see me, they smile. They walk up to my table and sit across from me.

- Hey. Nice to meet you, ______. - they smile.

- Nice to meet you as well, Leslie. - I smile back.

- You're even more good-looking in person. - they say smiling.

- Oh. Thank you. - I smile, trying to hide how weird I was feeling. I was sure Morgan showed them the ugly pictures they have of me.

- So, what do you like to do? - they ask, looking at the menu.

- Uhm... I like playing horror games. - I laugh nervously. - What about you?

- Oh. I like...

After that, my mind completely stopped paying attention. All I knew is that they kept going for the whole date. We ate and we split the bill, each one paid for what ate. I was walking home, mind empty when I see a poster. Help Wanted. It looked like the universe wanted me to play that game. My viewers had been begging me to buy it and talking about it so much that I needed to turn off my Twitter notifications. Mark wanted me to play it as well and now the world was slapping my face with that. I sigh. I see a video games store that would be closing soon and I ran to it. When I get to it, the staff was closing it.

- Excuse me! Could please sell me a game before you close the store? - I ask, out of breath.

- I don't know... I'm almost done closing it. - they rub the back of their neck.

- Please. - I plead.

- Alright. - they sigh and open the store again. We enter the store and they walk to the cashier. - What game are you looking for?

- That one. - I point to the VR game's poster.

- Oh. Help Wanted, huh? - they smile. They walk around the store and get the game for me. - It's 30 dollars.

- All that? - I open my eyes wide. - It better be good...

The cashier laughs. I give them the money and get the game. I thank them and apologize before leaving and walking back home. Right after I enter my house I throw myself on the sofa. I was so damn tired. I look at the game in my hands. It better gives me lots of new followers. I honestly didn't want to play but if my viewers want me to play it, I need to. I sigh.

- 30 dollars in the trash. - I groan.

I finally get the energy to get up. I walk to my room, throwing the game on my table. I change my clothes, brush my teeth and throw myself on the bed, soon falling asleep. The next day would surely be tiring.

✷✷✷