taiju cleared his throat before speaking again, completely finding a way to change the subject "by the way your older brother called me."

"h-he did? i haven't seen him for a week, i'm slowly becoming worried about him."

"yeah, he told me you were sick and borrowed money from me, which is why i called you suddenly," the slight smile that had spread across your lips vanished, your good mood immediately changing.

"that bastard!" hearing your brother's made up lie makes you clench your teeth and massage your temples, releasing an irritated groan.

"don't ever talk to him again, taiju!"

"i just want to make sure that you're fine, be careful okay?"

"okay,"

the 29-year-old man's lips curve up in response to your reply before hanging up the phone. his hands ran through his messy hair, his eyes glancing back at the two luggages resting on his glass table, and he let out a heavy sigh out of frustration.

"that motherfucker," he said, the image of the pink-mullet haired flashing through his mind.

it had never been his intention to connect with bonten again, his life being a deliquent and a criminal had come to an end years ago... he's nothing more than a normal wealthy business man living his life in peace.

he's had a changed of heart ever since that night during christmas eve

but then again, everything is getting more messed up now. he has no choice, but to see him again, now that their paths have crossed again. taiju doesn't give a fuck about them, or their criminal shits in general; he isn't afraid of them especially him, but he never anticipated your brother to be affiliated with them.

they're looking for him and will almost certainly kill him, but your brother shows no signs of fear and even planned on killing the pink-mullet haired man yet he failed. ofcourse taiju doesn't give a fuck about what happens to your brother as long as you are okay, but the problem is that your life is on the line as well.

he'll try to talk to manjiro again, and he's willing to pay the hundreds of millions that your brother owes them in exchange for your safety, however it seems that your brother enraged the bonten, and it would be difficult to simply pay them money given that your brother has been causing them shits.

"why don't we just take her instead? i heard that she's a hot shit too, i'm sure her body can repay her brother's debt!"

taiju sighs in frustration, his knuckles
turning white as he recalls what that pink-haired mullet man said, and he knows he'd definitely do it.

his mind flashes back to a picture of you smiling beautifully.

"you should smile more, put atleast a nice smile! kids are scared of you, y'know!"

he'd do everything he could to protect you.

_______________________________________

it's been few months since the shameful act that you committed with haitani ran, as well as the issue of your brother with bonten, in which you and your younger brother were deeply involved.

you remember those times where you couldn't sleep properly because you were scared shitless, you can't think clearly due to increasing anxiety, and you can't even bathe comfortably because that's when your pessimistic ideas attack your mind.

however, in your prayers, you and your younger brother are still alive and well. those negative ideas about you being shot multiple times by bonten or one of you being kidnapped did not come true which really relieves the hell out of you, it's been months and it just feels like a normal day like before.