more than a betrayal

Start from the beginning

Thena knows exactly where I am headed. She feels her throat tighten as she can't help but think about how Gilgamesh died in the forest we're flying above.

I land and look to Thena as she just has a pale expression on her face. "Thena..? Where are we?"

She steps forward, slowly releasing my hand. Her hand skims over the burned tree and her breath shakes as she says "I haven't been back here since before the fires."

I look to her and she walks towards the charred and old dead trees.

I hear a sound behind me and I turn and see Makkari seated beside the stone bird bath. That's filled with leaves and gunk.

She looks to me and I see the emotional expression on her face. I walk towards her as Thena steps through the city I single handedly destroyed.

She kicks the dirt slightly and I hug her tightly, pulling away for only a moment to sign "I thought... I thought Ikaris hurt you or something. I'm so glad you're okay."

I hug her tightly. Squeezing her tightly and relieved.

She pats my back and slowly she looks to Thena walking away towards the one place that wasn't destroyed in the community.

With all of the control Gaia and Druig could gather from themselves they saved that one place.

Makkari sees Thena sit down and I look behind me as I slowly pull away from Makkari. She nods to me and motions for us to follow Thena.

Slowly as we approach we hear Thena laughing and crying

Slowly as we approach we hear Thena laughing and crying. I look to Thena concerned and she says "It was such a beautiful ceremony. Gilgamesh enjoyed it so much."

Makkari nods sadly and I look around to the area and my heart aches. Makkari signs "There was the most beautiful wild flowers that grew around the benches and grass for the pathways."

I breathe a sigh and say "I got married here?"

Thena nods and says "And Gilgamesh stood up under that alter officiating it. With the... biggest smile on his face. I was sitting right here with Sprite and Makkari."

Makkari nods and signs "And obviously you were up there in your beautiful white dress. That was shimmery and just perfect for you. It was one of the last moments we were all together."

I nod and my bottom lip quivers and I say "Let's.. Let's get back to safety okay?"

Makkari and Thena share a look and Makkari grabs our hands. Speeding back to the domo.