C21

Gigi pov

Who would have thought that after years of hard work and perseverance I would get exactly what I dreamed of, revenge. What, you are actually surprised? I never once said that I am a saint, let alone a good person, so now that the chess pieces are already starting to be moved I can only watch and give a little direction then wait for the results.

Every mother knows that if you let anything come in the way of you baby’s future, then you do not deserve to be one and that you will always regret it till the end of your day. I am not going to let that happen. My children are my lifeline and I will stop at nothing to ensure their safety and a comfortable future.

“morning ma’am, we have a huge problem.  Please do turn on the TV, I’m sorry but I didn’t even know this was going on until I got the call. The press are also crowding the gate wanting to meet the CEO” my secretary who had budged into my office said in one breath, traces of fear could be seen in her eyes

I easily smile and  look at her, of course this had to happen, if it didn’t then all the planning would be for nothing. “hey, breathe. It’s ok, just go back to your office and act like you know nothing. I’ll personally deal with it so don’t you worry, ok?”  with that I opened the door to let her out, before I locked it, Chris was at the door.

“hey darling, how is your morning so far?” he said while sporting his signature smirk

“you literally left a few minutes ago, so don’t patronize me sir” with that I went and sat behind my desk

“oh come on! You orchestrated all this, the smile on your face says it all!” Chris said with a mischveous smile

I turn to my laptop and pretend to work. Of course the idiot fell for it, she would never by pass such an opportunity to kick me down, my identity and company are now her “trump card”

While scheming so hard, she forgot to prepare for my counter attack, or should I say lack of.

“ok hun, I’m sorry but I love teasing you” Chris says with a cute look on him, how could I ever say no to that. I smile and take his offered hand so I can lay in his embrace for a while relishing in the silence and peace of being in his arms.

“have you prepared your end yet? I’m pretty sure he has made his move too” I tell Chris as soon as I leave his embrace

“baby, you know I have, furthermore, I already received the call from London, the press are all over it” he says smugly

“like you would be that smug without my help” I raise my brow at him

“yes ma’am, I definitely would be left to the vultures” he mocked right back

Looking at him I shake my head then pull files from my cabinet, to make sure our work was perfect. Like a solder before a war, I went through every little detail with him to make sure no mistakes or holes are left behind. The once romantic mood long since replaced by a serious mood that no one would dare interrupt, just how I like it.

“they always were bad at chess, weren’t they? “ Chris asks staring intently at me

“they weren’t bad, its just that one wore her emotions on her sleeves and could easily be seen while the other hates losing so much that he made wrong ones in the name of tactic” I analysed with a smirk, grabbed my bag and got up and said “ lets go home baby. Tomorrow will be full of activities”