chapter 15

"Spark?"

"There is another possible cause."

Bruno took a deep breath. For a moment, you could even hear the rats rustling around the room. Mirabel held his hand. "Abuela talked about there being a secret in the encanto. An eternal spark hidden deep in the forest outside the encanto."

An.. eternal spark? "That makes no sense. What kind of spark are we talking about? Like a, a fire spark? A romantic spark? Electricity?" Camilo crossed his arms. Señor Bruno sighed. Mirabel looked deep in thought.

"Like a.. candle spark?" Bruno shrugged. "I have no idea. She never talked much to me. What I heard was overheard from a conversation between her and your mama Julieta." It was time.

CRASH!

Camilo panicked and shifted. Wait, he shifted! Suddenly you felt even more weight on your lap. He was back to normal! Or.. not? Instead of shifting back into Camilo, he shifted into Mirabel. The only difference was that her dress was blank, without colourful embroidery.

"You're heavy." Camilo laughed awkwardly. "Sorry." He got off and sat on the floor. "I can't change back unfortunately." Mirabel squinted at him. "Dang. I look like that?"

"What's wrong with that? You look amazing!" You smiled. "Now," Your smile dropped. "We should get going and look for your mothe-"

"Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU?" That was your mom! Getting the hint, the three of them ushered you out of the hole in the wall (literally) and sent you on your way with your mother.