chapter 7

"Camilo Madrigal."

"HEYO!!"

The sound of a boy's voice came from the stairs. Who on earth--? Oh. My. God. Standing at the top of the staircase was the most handsome boy your age that you've ever met.

We continue.

"This is.. Camilo. My cousin. He's our age too." Beauty truly ran in the family, huh? The boy descended from the stairs enthusiastically. "You forgot to mention how I'm your favorite cousin and I'm the most handsome in this family." A little cocky you suppose, but he was right.

Your face turned red. You look away to shield him from the sight. "Y/N?" Mirabel put a hand on your back. "Are you okay?" You looked up to make eye contact with her and send a message with your eyes.

Help me.

She quickly caught on but instead she gave a sly grin. "Well I'll leave you both to do your thing. I have to help Mama with chores!" She pat your shoulder and quickly dashed off before you could protest. Little goblin. You quickly turned back and made real eye contact with him for the first time.

His smile quickly faded and his eyes widened. "I'm Y/N. Y/N—uh—L/N." You laughed awkwardly and tried to stare at his forehead instead of his eyes. Camilo really was a pretty boy. "You're beautiful." He murmured. Was he kidding? You blushed harder.

"Thank you." You noticed the redness in his cheeks. Was he sick? Because there's no way he could be blushing. He gently took your hand and kissed the back of it. "Nice to meet you."

Oh my god he kissed your hand. You are most definitely not going to wash this hand. "Did Mirabel already give you a tour?" He cleared his throat afterward. Up close, you noticed that he had a few freckles on his nose. Cute. But you shouldn't stare! Was it obvious? Your eyes darted to his own for a moment to check. He didn't notice.

"Yeah, she did." You smiled. Camilo rubbed the back of his neck. "Well then, uh, do you wanna see all the secret spots?" Secrets, he says? You were always up for new things.

"Sure."