You sucked your teeth, "I can't stand your ass sometimes." As you were about to say something else, your sentence was cut short once you heard a loud bang. "Oop, did she fall?" You listened for movement but there wasn't any so you got up, "Hold on, I'll call you back." Hanging up and tossing your phone on your bed, you left your room. Heading towards the kitchen you asked if Yelena was alright. "What happened?"

"Most of the food's gone to waste now," she sighed, staring at the mess on the floor.

"You didn't hurt yourself did you?" You asked searching for an injury.

"Just a slight burn," she raised her left hand. "Nothing major.

You stared at her now red hand, slightly swollen. Judging from how hot the pan could have been, you knew she was in pain at the moment. Watching her run her hand under cold water. You remembered you had some bandages left over from when you were stabbed and rushed to get them. When you came back she was trying to clean up everything.

"Don't worry about that," you told her. "I'll get it. Let me wrap your hand."

"Thanks," she said.

You gently grabbed her hand, "Let me know if I wrapped it too tight."

She nods, watching you treat her injury patiently. She knew but she never truly acknowledged how you made sure she was alright even if it was something as small as a burn. Seeing you so focused on treating the burn with utmost care made her face heat up. She slowly covered her face with her other hand to hide the redness covering her cheeks.

"You good?" You asked, feeling as if you were too rough on the burn. "Does it hurt?"

"N-no, it's fine," she uttered, averting her eyes.

"Uhh, okay..." you squint your eyes slightly confused. Her sudden change of tone caught you off guard. "I'll just order us something to eat, 'kay?"

"Yea, I should've thought of that earlier."

"I wanted to ask you

"I wanted to ask you...what happened? Did you suddenly get butter fingers or something?"

"You can say that...pretty much."

-what really happened-

As Yelena was preparing everything, she suddenly let her thoughts take over her. Deep in thought about you. Nothing in particular about you, she just couldn't get you off her mind at that moment. It started with whether you would like what she'd prepared and then to other things. Completely forgetting about what she was currently doing, and when she snapped out of her thoughts her mind was all over the place which led to her dropping the pan of food and burning herself in the process.

She wasn't going to tell you that though.

"Well," you started. "You won't be able to wear any jewelry on that hand. And be careful since it might blister." You eyed her bandaged hand, feeling a little bad. "It should heal soon."

"I hope so," she replied. "Thanks again."

You gave her a small smile, and then changed the subject. "Remember my friend Eren? I don't know when but he's bringing some things over." You walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. "I asked him earlier."

"What is he bringing?" She asked.

"Just the important things, and some of my...personal things." She gave you an 'oh?' type of look and you cleared your throat awkwardly. Why is she looking at me like that? "What?"

"Nothing, I'll listen out for him in case he's coming later today." And with that, she walks away but you stop her and she slowly turns around. "Yes?"

Squinting your eyes, "What was that look?"

She shrugged, "Don't know what you're talking about."

"Yelena," you said calmly as you walked up to her. "Tell me, I wanna know." She didn't budge, locking eyes with you as you waited for a response. She had this smug look on her face so you know there was something going on. But you let it go since you didn't think it was that serious. "Whatever."

"It's nothing, I swear," she laughed, throwing her hands up in defense. "Why do you think I had something to say?"

"I dunno," you shrugged. "Anywho...I think I'm gonna go lay down. Pretty tired." There wasn't much to do and the day went by slowly. "Yelena what would you like to do during these weeks?" You suddenly asked. "To keep us both occupied."

"You..."

You eyed her oddly, "Huh?"

"Don't..have to worry about me," she said, rubbing the nape of her neck, acting as if she was finishing a sentence. "I'll most likely just be working so...but you could do whatever you like."

Yelena's thoughts

Did I just say that out loud? Did she notice?

Y/N's thoughts

I definitely noticed what she said. She had a nice save though so I'll let it slide and be clueless.

 She had a nice save though so I'll let it slide and be clueless

You slowly nod, "Right..." You were currently fighting the urge to laugh. It was funny to you how she thinks you didn't catch on to her response. You connected the dots pretty quickly though. The slick compliments, the staring, her actions. You even remembered that time she got drunk. Ha...I get. Taking a few steps back, "Cool, let me know if you need anything." You turned around and began going to your room. "And be careful with your hand."

Wow...me? Her bodyguard?