Lightning bolt

Jungwon and Sunoo didn't look alike, but they were still twins, and with that came a huge gift. They sometimes could feel what the other felt, and right now, they could feel each other wonder what was Heeseung's sight about.

Why did he panic when he opened his eyes and saw us?

"Boys, we've got some work, we shall start it now" said Heeseung, trying to hide the quick dash of panic he had just felt.

The twins went downstairs, not knowing what to expect. They certainly didn't feel at ease repairing Sir Park's vest now.
Hopefully, Heeseung had other plans. First, he checked the hand-stitch on the exercise pants. He nodded, satisfied.
Then, he proceeded to show the vest to them, explaining how he would repair it. They didn't have any questions about it, the explanation was clear enough.

Heeseung spent the following two hours working on it. It usually would have taken less time, but the twins were watching him and taking notes, which slowed the process.

In the end, Heeseung cut the thread with his scissors and examined the vest for the last time.

"And that's how it's done" he added.

Jungwon was in awe. The vest looked brand new. No one could guess where there had been any sort of damaged without being told.

This guy really is talented.

The rest of the morning went by quite fast. In fact, Heeseung's had decided to recreate the same kind of hole Sir Park's vest had in two old and damaged vests. He had asked his apprentices to repair them. Jungwon knew it put a lot of pressure of Sunoo. They were both perfectionists. Before starting, he smiled at his twin and nodded at him.

We can do it.

Sunoo nodded back, reassured.

They were almost done when Heeseung spoke again.

"We can stop for now, it's lunch break" he informed.

Sunoo opened his eyes widely. He wasn't just hungry, he was starving. He jumped on his feet, before realizing something.

"Heeseung, we're not done with the repair you asked us to do..." he said, disappointed in himself.
"Of course you aren't. It's the first time you try to do something like that. You'll continue this afternoon, there's no rush" gently explained Heeseung.

Is he really letting us go before finishing our task?

"Thank you" replied Jungwon, quite shocked.

~

The boys were walking down the street, headed for the orphanage. It had been decided that they would come back there at noon to eat lunch.

"Where to start?" asked Jungwon.
"I really don't know" replied Sunoo, kinda lost.

"He is AMAZING" said Jungwon. "Have you noticed how friendly he is? I didn't know that could happen."
"It's so so weird that he wants us to call him by his name and not Sir ou Mister" added Sunoo. "I really feel at ease with him."

Jungwon's thoughts spread rapidly in his mind.

"How about this Sir Park" he added.
"Have you noticed something about Heeseung?" asked Sunoo.
"What do you mean?" asked back Jungwon.
"Well, he smiled the whole time Sir Park was at the shop and... I don't know, why did he sigh when he left?" explained Sunoo.
"Why did he panic when he opened his eyes and noticed we were there" added Jungwon.
"I don't know" replied Sunoo.
"Me neither" confirmed his twin.

~

"He was truly handsome wasn't he?" said Sunoo, shoving a spoon full of soup in his mouth.
"Are you going to let this go?" asked Jungwon, annoyed that Sunoo kept repeating that.

"Come on" replied Sunoo. "Your standards are too high. If even Sir Park isn't enough for you, no one will be."
"What can I say" replied Jungwon, putting his spoon back into his bowl.

~

"Why do you think he accepted us as apprentices?" asked Jungwon, as they headed back to the workshop. "If you think about it: taking an apprentice costs a lot, both in time and ressource, before they make you earn money. He decided to employ us both? How rich is he?"

"I don't know... I've been wondering the same" said Sunoo. "But you know, we shouldn't ask ourselves why, we should just be grateful not to be separated."
"True" whispered Jungwon, adjusting his cap on his head.

A few minutes later, the twins were back inside the workshop, vests to repair in hand.

"Heeseung, I have a question" suddenly said Sunoo, breaking the silence filled with concentration.

Heeseung looked up from the pants he had started making this morning and nodded at Sunoo, inviting him to speak.

"How come we didn't get any customer besides Sir Park this morning? I heard many times that this place was often crowded" he asked.

"You heard right" confirmed Heeseung, a smile on his face. "However today is Monday, and Mondays are reserved for the Park family."

Jungwon instantly looked at Sunoo, relieved to see the same shock on his face.

"Wow" whispered Sunoo.

"I know" replied Heeseung. "They... don't like crowds and they are my best clients, so it's no problem having a day every week set especially for them."

Jungwon nodded in silence. His mind was very loud though.

They are THAT rich? Wow.

"Do you know what is the source of all their wealth?" asked Jungwon, surprised to hear himself asking that.

Heeseung looked at him and chuckled.

"Be careful being this curious" he advised. "But I have to admit they are intriguing, aren't they?"

He paused to stand up and look for a specific thread spool. Once back in his seat, he continued.

"All I know is that they have been wealthy for generations, and both brothers are part of the City Council" added the tailor.

Both? I wonder if we'll get to meet the second brother soon.

Jungwon was about to ask something else, but they all heard the front door opening and someone entering the store.

"Good afternoon" said a voice upstairs.

"Let's go" said Heeseung, standing up and taking Sir Park's vest with him.

As if he had wings, Heeseung rapidly went up the stairs. The twins heard him inviting Sir Park over the counter to pay for the repair. The twins had now reached the store and could see Sir Park's back. He was leaning on the counter.

However, it wasn't the same outfit he was wearing before. Jungwon elbowed his brother, trying to see if the latter had noticed as well.

"Well thank you" replied Sir Park. "Sunghoon will definitely be satisfied with this."
"I'm very glad to hear that" replied Heeseung, smiling. "It was a pleasure seeing you today Sir Park."

So... is he the second brother?

Heeseung noticed the two young men near the stairs and walked towards them.

"Let me introduce you to my two new apprentices" he added.

Sir Park finally looked up at them and when his eyes met Jungwon's, the latter felt a lightning bolt piercing his heart.