Chapter 10: Coming Together

TW: Severe homophobia

The first person to hear the bell was Padfoot, who rarely slept to begin with. He ran to the door, barking loudly. He was by no means a guard dog, he was just very excitable and liked people. Doorbell meant people were on their way- usually Ethan. Therefore... he went bonkers whenever someone rang the bell. And when Padfoot went bonkers, howling and prancing around like a dog half his size... the entire house heard. Megs was the closest to the stairs, so they got up and made their way to the door. The bell was actually wired to the gate, so they went to the Smart Home system. Padfoot hopped on them excitedly, tail wagging.

"Who is it?" They asked groggily. 

"Who are-" A male voice started before cutting off. "Hey!"

"Oh, shut up!" A very recognizable voice grumbled. 

"Lex?" Megs blinked. 

"Yeah." Lex confirmed, some urgency in her tone. "Uh... just let us through? We'll explain when we get to the house."

"Alright." Megs nodded, pushing the button to let them through. Henry sighed, walking up behind Megs. 

"Who was that?" Henry mumbled, equally as sleepy. 

"Lex." Megs sighed. "She sounded upset. She's on her way up."

"I hope she's alright." Henry furrowed his brows. 

"Who the fuck is here at three in the fucking morning?" Harriet grumbled. There was a knock on the door. 

"Well that was quick." Megs blinked, opening the door. Outside stood Ted Spankoffski, accompanied by Peter, Lex, Ash and Hannah. He looked exhausted. 

"Ted?" Henry furrowed his brows, gesturing for all of them to come in and closing the door behind them. 

"She's dead, Hen. Pam is dead." Ted sighed. 

"Oh..." Henry softened, looking at Lex and Hannah. "I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Don't be." Lex scoffed. "She was a bitch."

"She was drunk driving." Ted shook his head. "Drove straight into a massive gas transport truck. Her car blew right the fuck up."

"Oh shit." Henry blinked. Hannah covered her ears. Henry winced. "Sorry banana."

"How do you know my fucking kids?" Ted blinked. 

"Because they're friends with my kid." Henry sighed. 

"You have a kid?" Ted scoffed incredulously. 

"Hi..." Megs bit their lip awkwardly. 

"They're like Ash." Henry explained. Ted rolled his eyes. 

"I don't care about them being nonbinary, Henry!" Ted huffed. "That's fucking fine. They can do what they like!"

"I mean they're not from here." Henry rolled his eyes.

"Oh." Ted sobered quickly. 

"How you holding up, Ash?" Megs checked, seeing how she was fidgeting. 

"It's been a lot." Ash admitted. 

"Crash... bang... motel..." Hannah mumbled. 

"Goddamnit..." Ted cursed softly, clearly frustrated. "I told you, Hannah, I know that place is a shit place to be raising kids, ok? That's why we're here."

"You were living in a hotel room?" Henry blinked. "Aren't you-"

"Yeah, Pete and I were living there together." Ted sighed. "And it was a motel. Even shittier."