🌑 Chapter 15 🌙

Start from the beginning

They went on their way after purchasing a small milk. Klee raced ahead of her, despite her calls for her to slow down. Wren giggled as she watched Klee stumble on the steps, holding her milk close to her chest like it was treasure. It reminded her of her younger days, when she was just as vibrant and energetic as Klee was. It seemed she was smiling more often than usual, today... the city of freedom really did live up to it's name, Wren thought as they stood at the front doors. Klee didn't hesitate to push them open, but Wren stalled before following. She didn't actually think they would make it this far. She hated going in unprepared, but she didn't really have a choice. She took a deep breath and stepped in.

This time, Klee was the one to guide her through the endless hallways of the headquarters. It was much bigger than the in game version, where you could only enter the Grand Master's office and the library. No, in real life, the building was had at least three floors, and room after room filled with countless knights and maids. Klee stopped at one, calling it her "confinement room". "It's only for Klee," She said. "Only Klee can use it." Wren didn't know how to feel. Klee was... disturbingly happy talking about the room she went to when she got in trouble. Maybe it was because it was the results of her favorite past time- which was fish blasting; literally blowing fish out of the water and killing them. 

Eventually, Klee led them to a large conference room, where a mage in purple clothing and a tall, blond knight stood over endless piles of parchment papers. The knight looked up, and upon seeing Klee in all her spark knight glory, her eyes widened and she raced over. "Klee! Where have you been? You shouldn't run off like that, you've been gone for two weeks!" Two weeks? She must have underestimated just how long those children had been captured. Wren made a mental note to look into that later. "...I found her in Liyue," She said softly. The knight looked up at her. "Liyue?" Wren winced and nodded, waving Klee off to the mage, who she recognized as the Mondstadt librarian. "Human trafficking," She muttered under her breath. The knight's grey eyes widened. Wren rocked on her heels, the bottom of the cloak fluttering above her ankles. "....We can't talk about this here." She looked up. "Would you join me in my office?" "You office?" The knight nodded. "Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius, at your service. Thank you, for bringing back our Spark knight. And please.... call me Jean."

~🌑🌙~

Jean sighed, rubbing her temple as she sat at her desk. Wren felt slightly guilty for piling yet another responsibility onto her shoulders, knowing full well the woman had a large enough workload as it is. "...This is more serious than I thought." Jean reached forward for a piece of loose paper, scribbling a note on it before leaning back to look at her. "But unfortunately, there's not much I can do. Most of my influence as Acting Grand Master resides within Mondstadt- my name isn't as prominent in Liyue as it is here. You would be better off taking this up with the Liyue Qixing." Wren smiled amicably. "I know," She replied. "But would they grant me an audience? Me, an absolute stranger?" Wren took a sip tea, smiling at the scent of sweet flower. "And to be honest, I didn't actually think about going to anyone for help about this issue." Jean paused. "No?"

Wren set the tea cup down on its saucer. "...no. To be honest, I only came here to bring the young Spark Knight back to safety. And... I have it under control, believe it or not. I have friends in many places." She said it all with an airy tone, hoping to convey an easygoing attitude with no ill intentions. The Acting Grandmaster was a shrewd and diligent. If she deemed her an enemy... well, that would be a problem. "Do you have any plans, after this?" Wren blinked. Well, not really. She had take are of her recent... commissions. The incident in Liyue had been the last one. The letters usually trickled in around the start of the season, without delay. She had a few more months to rest before she had to leave. "...No, not really. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a wanderer." She tilted her head. "Why?" Jean paused. 

"...I think everyone would agree with me when we say that we are most grateful for your contributions to Mond and the Knights. I would like to express our gratitude." Wren hesitated. "What are you saying?" Jean gave a small smile. "I would like it if you would extend your stay in Mondstadt," She explained. "The people are rather fond of you, and I hope that we could work together." Ah. There it was. To some, it would seem like an innocent gesture of kindness. But there was a lot of hidden meaning behind her words. Yes, the Acting Grandmaster- Jean- was a very intelligent person. A good ally. Wren smiled. "Alright." It wasn't just an invitation to stay. It was Jean's way of keeping her in one place, so she could watch her with no boundaries and determine if Wren wasn't a threat. She was in her territory, anyway. But Wren welcomed this obstacle with open arms. After all, she thought as the familiar flashing behind her eyelids alerted her of another prescence, just outside the doorway. Wren smirked. The game was starting- this was going to be fun.

New target entry. Would you like to unlock this route?

~🌑🌙~