Chapter 2

"Oh yeah? How cute?"

"She's got it all, men! Don't you know Layla?!"

"Oh Layla. Right. She's not that much to me. I've got my eyes fixed on someone way better."

"Don't say Wendy. That girl's straight up garbage. She lacks body."

"You're going for body? C'mon!"

"Well, I got myself a date."

"Really? With who? Don't say Layla. There's no way your dumb face can get a date with that hot girl. She has got too many boys around her."

"Thanks, dude. Thanks for killing my courage."

"Sorry if the truth hurts, Andy."

The snow had almost ended, but the ground was still covered in snow. So were the trees and houses. Tyler and a friend of his, Andy, walked on the streets, just chatting and mocking each other.

Andy was a cheerful person. He was always lively, and loved being optimistic most at times. He'd a huge yellow hair, with the sides neatly shaved. He mostly liked wearing his yellow hoody, and listening to music with headphones, at the same time.

He was the only friend Tyler ever wanted to have. It was perfect that way. They'd met at Tyler's very first day of school.

They finally approached a burger shop.

"You know you're gonna sponsor me, Andy." Tyler said walking in.

"Yeah, right." Andy chuckled "You wish."

Andy bought a smoothie and a burger for Tyler, even though he said he wouldn't. As they sat opposite each other on their table, eating, they noticed a group of teenage girls make an entrance.

"Oh my gosh, Wendy is here." Tyler said, covering his face shyly.

"Forget about that flat girl." Andy said, rising to his feet "My date just arrived. I'm gonna go talk to her. Any luck?" Tyler just looked at him "Some friend you are. Any advice on what to say?"

"Two things. Don't know, don't care." Tyler said, looking away.

Andy just left him, and ran after Layla. Tyler looked at his burger and realised he hadn't taken a bite since Andy bought it.

There was one thing Tyler couldn't understand. He felt heavier than usual. In him, he could feel he was sweating, but whenever he checked, he wasn't. He just felt a sudden tiredness. His veins had also popped out, as if they wanted to force their way out, through his body.

His head also started to ache very badly. He thought the cause could be the fact that he could hear loud voices clearly in his head. He felt like his head was going to burst.

"Maybe, I just need some rest." He sighed, getting to his feet.

He looked at Andy, who was still chatting with Layla. They looked back and Layla waved at Tyler, who waved back with a fake smile. Andy got up and approached Tyler.

"What's up?" Andy asked him, noticing his weird reactions "If you wanna, you could come and seat by us. Just don't be a third wheel."

"I'm going home." Tyler told Andy walking out.

Andy noticed how pale Tyler had gotten. He walked slowly as if every step gave him so much pain.

"What's up with him?" Andy whispered to himself after Tyler was gone.

He shrugged his shoulders and walked back to Layla, who was eagerly waiting for him.

Climbing the stairs was even worse and gave Tyler more pain. He couldn't understand why he was feeling like this.