{𝐒𝐈𝐗}

People say hard work pays off—and it does. Most of the time that is.

The countless sleepless nights, the bandages on your fingers, the empty coffee and energy drinks that were put aside, all those things would prove otherwise. The racks around your home were no longer empty and You hung the longer jacket covered with gold thread on a rack along with the others that you had finished a little earlier throughout the weeks. Running your fingers through your hair all you could do is yawn as you fell backwards against the couch in the living room, you threw an arm over your eyes to shield you from the fun light that shined through your curtains.

"Oh my" you lift your arm up and glance to the voice—one that had belonged to Mrs.Saito. Hana stands beside her rubbing her eyes tiredly

"Oh good morning" You yawn as you close your eyes.

"Y/n" the older lady signs out "I told you to go to bed. Did you stay up late again?"

You hum quickly "Had too. Those uniforms weren't going to get finished"

Mrs. Saito shakes her head in a disappointing manner and leads Hana to the Kitchen "you're just like your father. Always pushing himself to work harder. But I can't don't anything about it can I?"

"No"

"Thought so" she says "I'll be in the kitchen making breakfast if you want anything"

Hana stops and turns to face you "Mrs Saito is making her famous rainbow pancakes!" She laughs before she turns around and follows the older lady into the kitchen.

With a tired sign you close your eyes once more. Falling into a deep slumber that you hope would last forever.

But it doesn't.

You wake up two hours later to the house empty and a very faint smell of Americanized breakfast waiting on the kitchen table for you to eat it. But you don't. You weren't hungry—despite not eating since yesterday during lunch hour. Your eyes land on the piece of paper.

"I'm taking Hana out for an early birthday present. I'll see you later tonight. I'll bring you some of your favorite stuffed cookies !' -Your favorite no related Aunt!

You smile down at the note as you crumble it up and throw it away in the trash can that was placed beside you and under the counter. A sigh escapes pat your lips as you exited the kitchen—taking a glance at the window. It was bright out—but the date being in mid January you knew it wasn't going to be warm when you stepped out of the house today. And it was. It was much colder than the other day despide that day being somewhere in the mid forties. The coat around your body kept you warm—along with the knitted scarf around your neck.

Speaking of an early birthday present, it was never bad to get things a little early. The little girl's birthday was a month away. With countless times of telling her what she wanted it was always the same thing. She wants two things to be exact, a guitar that was fit to her size so she can play and her last with being something that you know won't happen.

You went to the mall not far from your home— one that was filled with countless stores. it was actually the exact place you would come to get more pieces of fabric when you ran out. With most stores you came out with nothing—but with some you came out with a couple of things. For both you and her. And you're thankful for the cold days because no one would come out to shop leaving the lines short and fasts. There hours have past and the sun was
already starting to set for it only being around three and your last stop was a small toy shop that Hana seemed to like.

It was the only store that was still covered with its Christmas lights. That's what catches people's attention—it caught yours too but you were more focused on the fact that a little girl probably no older than five or six stood outside with her hands balled in her thick coats sleeves. Nose and cheeks painted a shade of rosy pink from the cold. Her hair—bright yellow was the sun—was up in a small ponytail and she cried as people ignored her and moved on with their day. You frown as you approached the lost girl

"Are you lost?" You crouch down to her level and although it was obvious—you can't help but ask the little girl.

"Mhm" she nods, wiping her tears away "I don't know where my brothers are! And my big brother told me if I got lost I should stay put"

She crises even more—her reach practically drenching her face as you help her wipe them away gently. Her face is ice cold and her tears weren't helping. You take off your scarf and wrap it around her small face to keep her warm. You sit up straight and glance down at the blonde girl—extending your arm for her to make you smile.

"Let's go find them, yeah? My name is y/n"'

She sniffled out a little as she looked up at you with her teary yellow eyes. She reaches out and grips your hand tightly as she nods.

"I'm...Emma"