Ron turned on his heel and walk out as Cale followed him from behind, smoothening out the wrinkles of his clothing with his small pale hands, his smile never left his face.

His father who ignored him for two years had come looking for him especially.

They stopped in front of a garden, they could see flowers swaying in between the greenery.

Ron announced his arrival, he waited for Deruth to dismiss him, before leaving.

Ron whose back was covering his sight was gone, allowing Cale to finally see the view in front of him.

But the happiness radiating from Cale was suddenly gone, his smile vanishes along with it.

His line of sight was focused on the unknown woman drinking tea with his father.

Seeing those reddish-brown eyes that light up with joy vanished in an instant, made Violan feel cold in the pit of her stomach.

Cale looked at his father as if asking. Hoping his speculations are wrong.

But Deruth didn't seem to notice his conflicted gaze and didn't pick up on the impending breakdown as he spoke without hesitation.

"Cale, greet the new Countess." he place his hand atop Violan's hand, a small smile was placed on his lips.

'New Countess...' he muttered, it barely came out as a whisper. His eyes slowly became overwhelmed with emotions.

The couple were far from him and couldn't catch what he said.

But Violan and Deruth who now stood closer, heard loud and clear, even the emotion lacing his words.

The ache in their chest intensified.

Cale slowly glanced at her before bowing and greeted her respectfully. As he lifted his head, his gaze became frigid.

He looked back at Deruth and spoke, his voice suddenly dry. "I forgot I still have matters to attend to, please excuse me." He then turned on his heel and left.

The sound of a scraping chair can be heard. Cale could see in his peripheral view his father stood up and Violan, who cast him a worried gaze as he left, but Cale didn't stop.

He pretend that he didn't notice and slipped away, as if afraid that even a minute longer he stayed there would break him apart.

The people's eyes went dull as their gaze subconsciously followed the back of the retreating figure.

It is only normal for someone to remarry again, especially if one is a noble or an aristocrat.

They had witnessed how Deruth fell into the abyss as he lost his wife, and how the Count finds his way back again when he met Violan, the head of a merchant guild.

She who made the Count open his heart again and learn how to smile again.

That's why they view Cale being immature and inconsiderate, for not wanting his father to be happy.

But watching now, they begin to realize the timing was indeed not perfect. And it was only normal for Cale to react in such way.

They have forgotten to include that Cale was also mourning that time and needed his father the most.

A child whose mother tried to kill him and who later lost his mother at a tender age with no one to confide in, and has a father who avoids him like a plague.

They couldn't simply imagine how shocking and betrayed the child must have felt, when his father brought a woman he never met in their house, let alone when the count declared that she will be the new Countess.

However, Deruth who watch the scene unfolded in his eyes for the second time finally understood.

The sorrow in Cale's eyes, the disappointment radiating from Cale-his son stabbed him like a thorn.

But watching himself being oblivious of his son's pain is even more unbearable, he felt numb and helpless.

Deruth closed his eyes, he knew there is no point in dwelling on the past, but the memories kept rushing and pouring through his mind and the image of his son became even clearer.

Deruth was aware of his shortcomings, that is why he was tolerant of his son's behavior, listening to his son's every demand.

Giving him money that is far more than enough for him, even though he knew Cale would always squander it on expensive liquors.

However, he has failed to realize.

He failed to give what Cale badly needed.

He was only focused on the things he had done for his son, forgetting the things he should have done for him.

Deruth failed to be a father to Cale and that can never be undone.

The scene faded and changed into a different scenery.

There were back in the dining room, Cale sat in his previous sit, except this time, his father occupied the other end, besides him was Violan and on the other side was Basen.

And the food is still warm as they could still see smoke coming from it, making the food more inviting.

But the atmosphere didn't hold the same warmth, and no one tried to break the awkwardness that was filling the room as they all continued eating.

They looked back at the figure of the youth that was silently eating, his eyes have now held the usual coldness and indifference, and an arrogant expression on his face, something that they are all used to seeing.

But somehow, in their eyes.

The youth looked so pitiful and lonely.