Cale gently raised his hand, stopping him."Don't bother."

"Young master, please... At least let me re-heat them for you." After a few more persuasion from the chef, Cale finally gave in. " Very well, then."

The chef put on a relieved smile as he rushed on getting the plates, while the servants who earlier watched the scene unfold in front of their eyes in silence, quickly stepped in to help.

While Cale only watched them as they did and slowly the scenery changed again and again.

They watched as Deruth immerse himself in work. Locking himself inside his office, as if forgetting he still has a son.

They all watched how much he neglected Cale.

while Cale on the other hand, has always sought for his father, showed him nothing but patience and understanding.

Waiting for his father to join him to eat, even though he always ended up eating alone and his food was either re-heated or left cold as his father never showed up.

Stopping numerous times in front of his father's office, hoping for him to come out while holding a sheet of paper in his hands, they could guess it was his daily paper activities, with the huge marking of a perfect score.

Silently following his father, Deruth didn't seem to notice or maybe just deliberately ignored him as he didn't even spare him a glance and treated him like air.

Ron who previously has said he knew everything about Cale didn't seem to have the confidence as much as now. As he couldn't recall these events that happened in the past in detail.

Perhaps, it was because he didn't pay much attention to him as he only regarded him as nothing more but a duty, that needed to be taken care of.

Although Ron knew the reason as to why the Count acted that way.

The Count was too heartbroken that time, that he dared not even see his son who resembled his wife.

Whilst Alberu felt a tug in his chest, he can't help but be reminded of himself in the past after his mother passed away, losing his father's favor.

Alberu looked intently at the child in front of him as he chuckles to himself, he didn't think the person has so many similarities to him.

But unlike him who still has his Aunt Tasha and the people of the dark elves tribe, he knew the child in front of him has no one.

Deruth faltered as he swallows thickly, he had a look like something valuable shattered before his eyes but couldn't do anything.

And finally, it took a stop. This time, they were in a study room. Cale is sitting on a couch while a book that was far advanced for his age can be seen in his hands.

A knock was heard, A familiar voice announced from the outer room, Cale paused for a moment before flipping the page and spoke in a childlike voice. "Come in."

The door was pushed open, and a butler entered on light footsteps. It was Ron, still in his 50s.

Ron who is watching, let out a breath. He remembered which period this was.

This was the time when Cale started to change.

He stood respectfully in front of him, with his hands at his sides. Ron spoke with a benign smile on his face. "Young Master, the Count wishes to speak with you."

If someone didn't know him in person would likely mistake him for a soft-hearted old man.

Cale beamed in reply, almost dropping the book in his hands, as he hastily stood up from his seat.