Chapter 12 - The build up

Valentina's POV
———————————

"Fucking Italian stronzo's" I mutter while returning to my sitting postion and continue driving.

I have been being fucking chased by these fucking bitches for like an hour, my head is fucking pounding and a bullet grazed my arm, and I am bleeding all over my beautful car.

I grab my gun and reload it, I keep the steering wheel as steady as possible and I position myself kind of out the window, I already got rid of 3 cars but they just keep fucking going, there is 4 cars left that I need to get rid of as of right now, lets just hope they don't start fucking multiplying.

I aim my gun shooting 2 of the tires of the car behind me and it swerves off the road. I once again get my in the car making sure I am not about to fucking crash because that would be quite embarrasing.

'Assassin dead from car crash'

Yeah I think not.

Luckily we are not on main roads, we are in more of a secluded area, which has it's advantages.

I can still hear the bullets hitting my car but luckily nothing hit my tires.

I need to stop fucking messing around it was fun while it lasted but now it's just getting irritating and I wanna just find a little hiding spot until I can get a new apartment.

This could also get the attention of the Russian mafia and that is not what the fuck I need right now.

I steady the car once again and look around my car trying to find something heavy enough to put on the gas pedal, I look in my middle console but found nothing.

Fuck it, I go into my glove compartment and pull out a random book that was there, I put it onto the gas pedal and take my foot off of it.

The car still keeping the same speed, I grab my backpack that I put in the passenger seat and put it on.

I roll the all of the windows all the way down, I climb over into the passenger seat and climb half way out of the window, I sit with my legs still inside of the car and my upper body out of the car, holding onto the roof handle.

With my gun in hand I point it at the car that is directly behind me and shoot, my bullet hitting the windshield and shatter it, the car serves out of the way and comes to a stop, I need to just get onto a main road and then I would be able to escape successfully but if not then I for sure will be caught.

I am running out of time and resources, I know if I don't find some sort of out of this situation I am in then things will end bad most likely with me being dead. And I would rather like to avoid that as much as possible.

I get back into my car and sit with my knees to my chest in the driver's seat, the book is keeping a good speed and I need to be ready to ditch this car as soon as I see an opportunity, I look in my rearview mirror once again and see that no one is following me anymore.

Shit, that could only mean they either found a way to get around me and they're about to ambush me or they just gave up, which I doubt so I am going with the first option which means I have to keep on a higher alert.

With my nerves high I continued driving, I needed to get to a main road as soon as possible.

I started to speed up a lot trying to get far away from these people as fast I fucking can. But before I could even register what was happening there were cars surrounding me. Slamming on my brakes I turn the wheel slightly to the right trying to lessen the damage on my car and the impact on me.

But the speed I was going and then the sudden stop wasn't timed right so instead of the car hitting the passenger side of my car and coming to a stop, my car bounced off of the other car and flipped.

Looking around slowly with blurred vision I tried to get up to grab my gun but of course right when I went to get up there was a sharp stinging going up my leg, I clench my jaw not wanting to show or make any sound of pain or discomfort.

I slowly stretched my body out, taking my other leg and trying to kick the gun towards me, I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of this situation....yet. I could hear footsteps slowly but at the same time fastly approaching me, good they are taking precaution; I quickly kicked the gun closer to me and leaned forward and grabbed it. I check how many rounds I have and I only have 6, it's not bad and it could work, but I need to play my cards right.

I pull myself up and drag myself over to the left side back seat and pull a first aid kit out of my bag and quickly wrap my leg tightly and get into position on my stomach and I have a clear shot to when they would approach the car and open the door to get me. I am not sure how many of them are there but if I want any chance to get out of here alive and somewhat not injured then I need to get to it.

Once I get into position and point my gun to the door I can see shadows of people feet. I take a deep breath in and when the door opens I breathe out pulling the trigger, the bullet hitting him in the chest I smile as his body thuds on the hard pavement.

Bullets start flying and ignoring the pain in my leg I roll over to get out of the crossfire. My ears are slightly ringing but I can feel a smile making its way across my face. I missed this the constant adrenaline rush and it being on my own terms and I wasn't ordered to do it.

Here goes nothing.

———————————————————————————
A/N - Thank you for reading this chapter, I hope you liked it. I'm sorry I have been updating I have the worst writers block I'm going to be trying to update more. See y'all mfs soon!
———————————————————————————

                              Word count
                                      1,108