59- Selfish People

Start from the beginning

I could tell he was already in a really sensitive mood and desperate to stay with me. I sighed slightly before saying, "Okay, fine. But you're staying behind me when I talk to them."

"Deal," he whispered, letting go of me slightly.

The two of us quickly made our way to Sam's house. We ran over the treaty line and straight to his front door. I did not tell him we were coming because I wanted to have an honest conversation with whoever was at the house. I didn't want him hiding some of them from me.

As we walked up to the front door, Sam opened it and met us out front. "Have you seen Seth?" He asked me frantically.

"Yeah, he came to the house," I told him, walking closer to him. "I sent him back to his house and told him to text you. Seeing as he didn't text me either, he probably forgot or can't find his phone."

Jasper wrapped his arms around me as Sam got closer, making Sam see his wrapped arm. He suddenly stopped and looked straight at Jasper. "Are you okay?" Sam asked Jasper.

"I'm fine," Jasper responded.

"Is Leah inside?" I asked Sam, wanting to get straight to the point.

"I think she left," he told me.

Jasper leaned into my ear and whispered, "I can hear her voice; she's in the house."

I stepped forward aggressively, breaking from Jasper's arms and walking past Sam into the house. "Leah!" I yelled, gaining everyone's attention.

I walked into the living room to see everyone gathered around. Leah and Jacob were sitting next to each other on a couch while everyone else was positioned around the room. Everyone looked tired, and I could tell everyone else wanted nothing to do with my anger. As soon as Leah saw me, her eyes widened, and she stood up to greet me.

"How dare you?" I asked her, walking closer.

"How dare I?" She responded. "You're the one who befriended them in the first place. We could have gotten her if they hadn't intervened!"

"No! We would have gotten her if you hadn't attacked Jasper!"

"You brought him?!"

I turned to see Jasper and Sam walk into the room together. Jasper was only looking at me with worry, but Sam looked at Leah in fury.

"Leah," Sam said aggressively, "he's her imprint, and he's allowed on our land!"

"He was attacking Emma!" Jacob yelled out.

That sent me over the edge. "He was attacking Victoria, you idiot!" I yelled, getting closer to both Jacob and Leah. "You're both so self-centered that you can't even see what's actually happening!" I threw my hands out in exasperation, letting everyone see my wrapped hand.

"Did he hurt you?" Leah asked, glaring at Jasper.

"Leah, that is enough," Sam said, trying to shut her up.

But Leah was already done with conversations. "I'll get you, you stupid...."

Leah never finished insulting Jasper because my fist collided with her face. As she dropped to the ground, the pain in my hand got worse as I realized I punched her with my already hurt right hand.

"Leah!" Jacob yelled, dropping down next to her.

"Emma!" Jasper yelled, speeding over to me.

I turned around and buried my head in his chest as I clutched my hand in pain.

"You punched her with the wrong hand," he whispered to me, pulling me into a hug.

"I know," I told him.

"How dare you?" Leah's yelling caused me to turn and look at her once again. She had stood up with Jacob and was holding her face in pain.

Jasper let go of me, sensing another argument. "How dare I?" I asked, mocking her.

"You punched me!"

"You hurt Jasper!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH, LEAH!" A shiver went through the room as Sam yelled. It was something I had never heard him do before and something that shut Leah up immediately. Sam used his Alpha voice.

Leah looked around the room in silence, realizing no one else would back her up. Even Jacob was scared of angering Sam more.

Sam decided to continue talking at a more normal volume but still used the alpha voice. "Emma and Jasper are not in the wrong here. While Emmet technically broke the treaty, he was doing it to protect Emma. From what I can tell, Seth just broke the treaty at the Cullen's house too. You, on the other hand, intentionally harmed Emma's imprint. That is the one thing I can never tolerate. We do not harm each other's imprints ever."

"She's not part of this pack." Jacob's words hurt, but he wasn't wrong.

"She is as much a part of this pack as any of us," Sam told him before looking at Leah once again. "And you better start thinking of her like that."

Seeing as the conversation was over, Jasper quickly led me outside before leading the way back to our house where Carlisle had to fix my right hand once again. We sat on the couch, where I let him reset everything and wrap it again.

"Can you just promise me one thing?" Jasper asked me, holding me in his arms.

"It depends," I told him.

"Don't punch any more wolves until your hand is completely healed."

"Deal."