"Yeah. I'll go sit down with the emo," she looked at Jason and sat down next to him. "Watch movies. I always do that instead, see those tiny things on the pages?"

He raised his furrowed brows in confusion, "you mean the words?"

"Yeah... That's the word. Yeah, they're too much for me to read. So I switch on the telly or listen to the books,"

"That's kind of lazy? Don't you think?"

I pouted. She makes talking to him looks so easy. Maybe it is? Maybe I should just relax this afternoon and take it easy.

"Seriously, Kin?" I turned my attention back on Caitlyn, "we went to a carnival yesterday?"

I shrugged, "I wanted to make it fun for her,"

Caitlyn chuckled, "the three of us should go to a carnival. I haven't been to one in ages, how 'bout you?"

I gave her a small smile, "I've never been to one at all,"

"Oh shit. You'll love it, this has to happen. You deserve it,"

I continued smiling. It had me wondering what it is like? Would my mother even allow me to go to one? I looked back at Bev and Jason, he closed his book and just listened to Bev speak. He's not that bad, I guess.

I turned around and saw Caitlyn also gawking at them, she sighed. "I hate lying to, Bev. She has every right to know what happened yesterday. That's her whole life that we're forced to play with."

I nodded my head. I understood although I have no one so close to me that I'm hiding something so huge from. I heard Saskia and Laura laughing, they approached Cait and I.

"Good morning, ladies." Laura greeted us.

"Hey, Laura," I replied.

"Hey," Caitlyn said.

"This is Caitlyn," I introduced, "Cait. This is Saskia, and that's Beverley,"

They both looked at Beverley. "Well, lemme go say hi to Beverley?" Laura said and headed over to the tree, "Hey you two." She sat down.

Saskia looked at me, "is this the same Cait that's helping you find the vampire?"

I nodded my head and looked at Caitlyn, "she and Paul know, they help me wherever they can."

Caitlyn grinned, "that's sweet."

Saskia bobbed her head, "speaking of," she leaned closer to us and whispers, "there's a girl who claims to have been attacked by a vampire. No one believes her, should we ask her a few questions?"

Caitlyn and I looked at each other, then she started laughing, "oh my gosh. This is exciting, it's like we're in a crime show,"

Saskia chortled, "take this seriously,"

"Of course," she replied, "let's ask her right now before school starts?"

Saskia looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I nodded my head, "yeah. I think that's a great idea."

Saskia walked over to the tree and told them that we'll be back shortly. Then she started walking and Caitlyn and I followed her.

****

She looked at the ground, her brown hair blowing in the gentle breeze. Then she looked up at us, her eyes fighting tears. She blinked, they were set free. She wiped them with her hands and shook her head, "I was so scared," she spoke in a low voice and hugged herself.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you," Saskia replied sympathetically and Caitlyn nodded our heads. "But please tell us what happened?"

"Why?" She slightly raised her voice, "no one believes me anyway."