Chapter 38 - God damn it Rapunzel

Start from the beginning

“So you mean this huh.” Goodberry lifted up his hand to reveal a massive diamond. “Pretty, isn't it? All big and shiny? Well, you know what it isn't? Yours…” He smirked. “Now if you're not here to battle, scram, I have fighters to attend to, they are the meanest, the toughest, coolest, the strongest, the never-given-upness people you have ever seen in your life!”

“We quit!”

Everyone turned their head, Goodberry gasped, “WHAT! No, No, no! I won't hear of it, the big fights tonight!!”

“We're not going up against Malice marauder! We've got families!” the man responded.

“Well, doesn't that put a crimp in my card? My main event is history! I'm ruined! Kaput! Financial disaster! I'm gonna lose my tents, my carts, my chairs, my good name, EVERYTHING!”

A smirk rose on Rapunzel's face, “What if we fight your challenger?”

“What?!” Everyone said in chorus.

“Yeah, that's right. We’ll fight in the main event and if we win, you give us the eye of pincosta.”

“Hm, Malice Marauder versus the Maidens of Mayhem.”

“Um… I’m also here… a boy?”

“We’ll add Damsel in small print. You know what, it's a deal!” Goodberry shook Stalyans hand pretty roughly, excited about his show that literally only one person out of the three people consented to. God damn it Rapunzel.

“Okay, see you tonight!” Stalyan fake laughed, pulling her hand out of his grip.

Goodberry chuckled to himself, walking away quite giddy, “It's gonna be a great show! It'll be the fight of the century!”

When Stalyan and Varian turned around, they each shot Rapunzel a glare that might have killed Zeus himself. What was it that was supposed to kill them if this wasn't it?!

Rapunzel laughed awkwardly, waving her hand. Even she knew if this Malice person didn't kill her.

They would.

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

After everyone had calmed down, they were all placed in a tent where they could prepare themselves for the fate of practically being beaten to death. Varian appeared to be talking to Leo, or more accurately, Leo was attempting to pep talk Varian.

“Okay, so it’s literally so simple, we just knock this person flat out, be like ‘Oh my alchemy we won! Now can we have the ring to free our friends?’ But what if they knock us out first? I mean, C’mon I have no experience compared to a professional fighter!” Varian acted out what would happen just like he always did, hair flip and
everything.

Meanwhile, Leo looked so done with him that he would rather fight Malice just to shut him up.
“I know what you're thinking Leo, you would be like, ‘Oh seriously Master, get a grip with yourself, lad! This is for (__)!’ Which you're completely right- I'm completely right? Why is a bird so much posher than me? ANYWAY! I’m not helping myself, do you two have any coping mechanisms?” Varian asked, breathing so hard the whole of the seven kingdoms could hear him.