ONE

CHAPTER ONE
the winterfell lady

19 YEARS she had been prepared for that day, yet Sanna seemed as helpless as the first time she had been taught to walk

19 YEARS she had been prepared for that day, yet Sanna seemed as helpless as the first time she had been taught to walk. The girl felt silly on the moment, her eyes fixed on the ceiling of her room gazing at an invisible point, her arm swinging in the void, she recited without ever stopping the good manners to adopt before the king and queen of Westeros.

"Making a curtsey after greeting them...no, no...first the king then the queen..."

Sanna Stark was the first daughter of Ned and Catelyn Stark. Fresh aged of 19, Sanna has had an obsession with books since she was a little girl. Very introverted, she spends her days in the library, too shy to ever aspire to be a queen. The outside world terrifies her due to her chronic illness, earning her the title of "deranged" by most Nordic people. When she was 10 years old, her mother preferred to teach her the knowledge that a lady should have and the behavior to adopt. Good student Sanna never made mistake, the kind that stresses for nothing, shy and manic, she always let her mother control her life as she wished, largely preferring theory to practice, flipping through a book rather than wielding a sword has always suited her.

Having left the window of her room open far too long, the air had become so cold and dry that Sanna felt it burning her throat. Her breathing whistled, she breathed a breath of air into her bronchi with a small device similar to an inhaler that had prescribed her by the master of Winterfell.

"How many times do I have to tell you?!" Her mother came into the room, looking panicked as she immediately closed the window of her room. "No window open while you're here!"

"I ... I just wanted to see the winter landscape," Had said Sanna, looking dreamy as she swiftly folded her pillow over her head, "Let me sleep another two minutes! Please!"

For only answer, Catelyn threw to her a towel in her face "Hurry up! "

Sanna grunted out of her bed, taking care to meticulously pull the sheets as her morning routine required. In the next room, she heard her bath running, as she entered the large basin of water, she sighed with happiness as she felt the heat of the water spreading over her body, her tension gradually disappearing.

She wrapped herself in a towel, tying her hair in a clumsy bun. A smile appeared on her lips when she saw a dress already ready on the edge of her bed, and immediately rushed to put it on.

"Hurry up!!" Catelyn called again.

Theon was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs, looking sheepish, his hands clasped behind his back as if the young girl's arrival bothered him more than anything. His tension finally evaporated as he saw Sanna coming down the stairs, a beaming smile hanging from her lips.