[𝟗] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐑

Start from the beginning

♡︎

School had finally finished and the kids and Penelope had just entered the Alvarez apartment, seeing Lydia meditating on the couch with a white face mask on together with Lucas.

"Mami what are you doing? And why is there a face mask on Lucas' face?" Penelope chuckled.

"This is supposed to make your skin glow. And it's called a sheet mask." Lydia said. Everyone started laughing at her pronunciation.

"Mami, 'sheet'. Its called a sheet mask." Penelope said.

"That's what I said, sheet." Lydia said. Olivia hid her face behind Alex's shoulder to stop her from laughing.

"So, would you say you are sheet-faced right now?" Elena joked.

"Good one." Olivia chuckled as she high-fived Elena.

"Ah! Stop. Or the sheet will hit the fan." Penelope joked as well and everyone except Lydia laughed.

"You are back so late, I decided to have a little me time with baby lucas." Lydia smiled.

"Can you feel it working? Hey guys." Schneider came out of the kitchen, wearing a face mask too making everyone stare in disbelief.

"And...we are 29 again!" Schneider sighed in amusement once their clock rang.

Lucas was now playing with his sheet mask and giggling causing everyone to coo in awe.

"I can't believe Lucas is enjoying this right now." Alex said and Olivia nodded.

"Anyways where you guys been?"

"Mrs Resnick broke down again and had to be towed to the mechanic." Elena said.

"Hectors looking at it now." Penelope sighed.

"Oh how is hector? I haven't seen him for days.....did he ask about me?" Lydia said causing Olivia to raise her brows at her.

"Ay papito what happen to your pants?"

"I ripped them getting out of the trunk." Alex said.

"You keep him in the trunk now?"

"No the doors got stuck again so we all had to climb out through the back." Penelope answered.

"It was terrible. Now the whole team calls me 'Butt-Trunk Boy.' They could've just called me 'Junk in the trunk.' It was right there!" Alex exclaimed in irritation causing Olivia laugh as he glared at her.

Penelope then got a call from the Hector guy who was fixing Mrs Resnick. Everyone sat on the couch and watched as Penelope made her conversation with Hector on the phone.

"Guys. Mrs Resnick is-"

"Muerta." Lydia said.

"I can't believe it. You know, your papi picked me up for our first date in that car. It was brand new. Only 60,000 miles on it. Penelope sighed.

"We drove Mrs resnick up the coast and at sunset your papi bet me $5 that he'd marry me. And even wrote our initials in a little heart on the bill. I still have it somewhere." She said.