Chapter 9

"Harry! Harry! Wake up!" Fred and George called out.

     "Five.. more... minutes.." Harry groaned.Harry rubbed his eyes in a circular manner. He reached out his hand and found his glasses on the tablestand beside his bed.

     "Why did you wake me up so early?" Harry said as he looked up to face Fred and George.

     Harry nearly jumped! He didn't expect Fred and George's face to be inches away from his. He scrambled back, hitting his head on the headboard. Oww!

     "You were crying and screaming Sirius name!" Fred joked, almost astonished, "Were you having a nightmare again?" George almost sounded worried.

     "Yeah.. Right. What good actors you both are," Harry scoffed playfully. The brunette got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom, intending to change clothes.

     "Sorry if we touched some nerves though!" One of the twins called out. Harry couldn't decipher which one he was.

     "I think I've gotten over it!" Harry shouted, not looking back. He entered the bathroom and locked the door.

        ***

     Harry strolled out of the bathroom, trying to tame his bird nest hair. He walked up to Ron's bed,wanting to wake him up. But what he found made him giggle.

     There were Ink markings on his face made to resemble a grumpy old cat!

     Harry glanced around the room, ignoring the snoring sounds coming from Ron. He caught Fred and George trying to sneak out of the room, tiptoeing. When they found out Harry caught them, they rushed out of the room. Funny enough, the twins had left their shoes behind.

     When Harry looked back he found Ron yawning. The redhead sat upright in his bed.

     "Harry, is it morning already?" Ron said, half awake.

     "Yes, it is. Uh, you might want to look at your face.." Harry said awkwardly.

     "Alright.. Whatever.." Ron yawned. He walked towards the bathroom.

     A few minutes later, a deafening scream could be heard from the bathroom.

      ***

     The sound of people talking could be heard as Harry opened the door,along with Ron. Everyone was already there

     "Harry! Ron! You're finally here!" Hermione waved at the both of them."I was just talking to Professor Dumbledore about the transfigurations curriculum here," Hermione continued

     "Hello Professor! Why are you here?" Harry asked politely. "Yeah, why are you here?" Ron repeated the question.

     "Why Im here to escort all of you to the Great Hall for your Sorting Ceremony, of course!" Professor Dumbledore chuckled. We were—WHAT?! "It would be strange for new students not to be sorted in the Hogwarts Houses, wouldn't it?" Professor Dumbledore announced.

     "Yes, it would," Hermione replied.

     "Indeed it shall. Let us go to the Great Hall immediately, the first years are almost done with their ceremony," Professor Dumbledore hurried.

     While walking Hermione wanted to address things.

     "Guys, since we're here in the 1940s, we NEED fake surnames, ok?So,I've told Dumbledore that Luna's name will be Luna Goodlove. My name will be Hermione Weasley. Harry's name will be Harry Evans and the rest will stick to their original names. Got it?" Hermione announced.

    "I think I've got it," Harry said. Harry repeated his "name" in his head. Harry Evans, Harry Evans.

     Everyone agreed and nodded their heads.

    "Now, our back story is that, the Weasleys adopted, me Harry and Luna. We were taught by them. But they recently died fighting to protect us from dark wizards." Hermione continued.

     "Ahem.." Dumbledore coughed, "We're here."

    They had arrived at the Great Hall.

     ***

     Before long, the Sorting Ceremony for the first years was over.

    " Before I end this year's Sorting Ceremony, I have another announcement to make. This year, not only will the first years be sorted, but two students from 4th year, three students from 5th year and two students from 7th year who have transfered, in will also be sorted! "A booming voice echoed throughout the hall.

    " Good luck,"Dumbledore said, before opening the door.

     Harry's eyes glanced over the sea of faces staring at them. Though, he did not notice gleaming blue eyes drilling holes into his head. As they walked towards the front of the Great Hall, the only sound that could be heard was from their footsteps. The silence was almost deafening.

     Dumbledore arruptly stopped and turned around to look at them. He accioed a stool and the sorting hat. He took out a piece of parchment paper and began reading the names.

     Luna and Ginny got into their original houses.

     "Evans, Harry," Dumbledore called out.

     Harry took in a deep breath. He proceeded to walk towards the stool. He sat down and closed his eyes. As if he were reading a mantra, he said the words, "Not Slytherin, not Slytherin," .

     "Of course, I wouldn't put you in Slytherin boy," Harry heaved a sigh of relief when he heard that, "I'd put you in Hufflepuff!" the sorting hat exclaimed.

     Wait WHAT?!

     "Better be..... Slytherin!" The sorting hat exclaimed.

     "But I'm not supposed to be in Slytherin, I'm supposed to be in Griffindor!" Harry protested.

   Note:Sorry for the long wait! :<