I just leant on the wall of the corridor when I finally saw him in the midst of a lot of girl students. They are all giving him gifts and letters, and he's just refusing them. He waved his hand when he turned his head in my direction. Gellian grabbed that opportunity to step out of the crowd and ran towards me.

"Kanina ka pa naghihintay?"

 I shook my head. "Nope, I just came a few minutes ago."

I was stunned when he cupped my face, making me meet his eyes. "A-Anong nangyari? Umiyak ka ba?"

I held his wrist and felt the warmth of his bare hands. "No, I did not. Let's go. I want to go home. "

Gellian took out his mesh cap from his bag and put it on my head. He got my bag and carried it on his wide shoulder before we started to walk towards the parking area. Hindi na ako nagtaka nung makita si Mang Noel na naghihintay sa labas ng van.

"Sasabay ka ba sa 'min, Gellian?" Tanong ni Mang Noel matapos niyang maipasok ang bike ko sa compartment ng van.

"Hindi na po. Parating na rin po yung sundo ko. Ingatan niyo po si Zein." Gellian uttered before he gave me my bag.

I took off his cap before I tiptoed my feet so I could wear it on his head. He immediately grabbed my waist when I almost fell, making my heart skip a beat. Gellian just chuckled because of the sudden embarrassment. 

"Susunduin ulit kita sa inyo bukas," Gellian whispered in my ear.

I just nodded before I went inside the van. I waved my hand at Gellian and saw him bow his head in response. The van's door is already closed, but he's still standing while waiting for me to finally leave his sight. 

"Baby, how's your first day?" Mom asked me after she kissed my cheek when I entered our mansion.

I let out a deep breath. "Tiring!"

"Baby, don't state the obvious; I'm asking if you have gained new friends?"

Kinuha ko ang remote at binuksan ang tv bago humiga sa sofa. "Yes, I met a new friend. His name is Ezra, and... he's cute."

"Is he cuter than Gellian?"

I pouted my lips, trying to think of an answer. "Gellian is not cute, he's... handsome?" I replied, sounding unsure.

Mom gave me a playful smile. "Do you like Gellian?"

My eyes widened in shock. "No! Mom, he's my friend."

Tinaas ni Mommy ang dalawa niyang kamay at umaktong sumusuko. Lumapit nalang siya kay Manang Fe para tumulong sa paghanda ng aming tanghalian. My stomach growled when I smelled the steak that they were cooking.

Si Manang Fe ay asawa ni Mang Noel at kasama ko sila sa paglaki. Madalas kasing wala sila Mommy at Daddy sa bahay dahil abala sila sa pag-aasikaso sa mga resort namin. Wala akong kapatid kaya si Gellian ang tinuturing kong kuya simula nung pagkabata. Ilang taon na ang nakalipas pero tandang-tanda ko pa ang una naming pagkikita.

"N-Nanny Fe! Where are you?" I shouted while holding a balloon in the middle of the park when I got lost.

I had been walking for a long time, and my feet were starting to get numb. Nanny Fe advised me to wait on the swing before she bought me an ice cream, but I disobeyed when I saw other kids playing with the sand. It's already noon and the sun's rays are starting to fade, which makes me feel more nervous.

I wiped my tears on my cheeks when I saw that the boy that I was playing with earlier came back for me. He's holding a strawberry ice cream in his hand that is almost melting. I was shocked when he extended his hand and gave me the ice cream that was on his hand.

"Take this and stop crying. I will stay with you until your nanny come back." He promised me.

I forced myself to stop sobbing before I got the ice cream in his hand. "D-Do you think she will come back? What if she left me because I didn't... follow her?"

He wiped his sticky hand on his shirt before he cupped my face, making me look at his eyes. "Then, I'll stay with you forever if she won't come back. I will never leave you alone." 

We just sat on the swing while waiting for my nanny. Somehow, my anxiety faded because of him. He started to tell me about his toy collection, which made me calm and happy. I shouted when he pushed the swing that I was riding. I felt carefree after he did that. 

"I'm Gellian, what's your name?"

"Zein," I answered in a soft voice.

"Do you want to be... friends with me?" He sounded a little bit hesitant.

I turned my face to him. "Sure! Let's be friends, Gellian."

He smiled in awe when he heard me say his name. When Nanny Fe came back to pick me up, I instantly felt a pang in my chest. This is the first time that I've had a friend around my age, so I'll be sad if I lose him.

"Bye, Gellian..." I whispered when I was about to get inside the van.

"I'll find you again, so don't be sad. See you again, Zein." Gellian assured me. 

----------

🌈💅